This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Fish beating me

• Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Absolute
      SB ($20.72)
      Hero ($10.15)
      UTG ($17.92)
      UTG+1 ($19.37)
      CO ($13.42)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: T:club:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.40) T:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, UTG calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB folds

TURN ($1) T:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero bets $0.70, UTG raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

RIVER ($3.80) T:spade: K:diamond: 4:heart: Q:diamond: T:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3.80, Hero raises to $8.35 (AI), UTG calls $4.55

UTG shows Q:spade: Q:club:
      (Pre 84%, Flop 28.7%, Turn 100.0%)

Hero shows 4:club: T:club:
      (Pre 16%, Flop 71.3%, Turn 0.0%)

UTG wins $19.48

two in a row... what a hell, what should i have done?

VPIP 80 PFR 0.
  • 4 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Betting flop is for protection and partly for value. I agree with your line.

Turn Q is ugly, I wouldn't bet here I would like to see free river. If he bets, I'm still calling.
      KQ, AJ and 44 are beating me at the moment (and badly played monsters) but I wouldn't play too aggressive since we're out of position and there are many rivers we don't like.

River: We're going broke with this river.

Bad luck man. Keep your chin up :)
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Betting flop is for protection and partly for value. I agree with your line.

Turn Q is ugly, I wouldn't bet here I would like to see free river. If he bets, I'm still calling.
      KQ, AJ and 44 are beating me at the moment (and badly played monsters) but I wouldn't play too aggressive since we're out of position and there are many rivers we don't like.

River: We're going broke with this river.

Bad luck man. Keep your chin up :)
      that fish is so lucky, got all my stack twice in 15 hands, he must love limping with QQ and playing in multiway pot. Set miner...
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniksthat fish is so lucky, got all my stack twice in 15 hands, he must love limping with QQ and playing in multiway pot. Set miner...
      :D don't chase him, just forgot about him and play your A game. There are plenty of other fishes - just take their money ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Saruniks,

Turn: Usually I would go cautiously on turn, although the betting ain't that wrong but you could as well sometimes consider going for pot control since it's a freeplay pot.
      River: As you decide to Check it and he bets pot I would likely play it cautiously as well for the reason the he could easily have 44, KT, QT, or whatsoever hands. Therefore while it's just a freeplay I might even just Check/Call vs his pot size bet.

Best regards.