help me

• 16 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi DominiqueRoyal,

Currently we don't have specific equity charts. However, you will find more detailed information under our poker software tools section. You should be looking Equilab and Equilator.

Or maybe you meant this article, we just released it recently.

Ingrid
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      here is video where are some chart of equity - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2319/
      There are chart that shows PrR % if opponent has 8 %.... than he plays with cards .... etc.

and there is no possible to calculate equity,fold equity,EV, without software ? how than pro players doing this in LIVE tournaments ...
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DominiqueRoyal
      here is video where are some chart of equity - http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/2319/
      There are chart that shows PrR % if opponent has 8 %.... than he plays with cards .... etc.

and there is no possible to calculate equity, fold equity, EV, without software ? how than pro players doing this in LIVE tournaments ...
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      Sorry for double post, delete it please !
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi DominiqueRoyal,

To be able to help you further on, I invited one of our experts to help you with this question. So you should see an answer posted here soon.

Good luck
      Ingrid
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      Hi DominiqueRoyal !

I'm not absolutely sure what you mean so I'll just try to answer everything:

If you want to know what hands an x% range is, you can check it in equilab/equilator. It usually means the strongest 8% of the 169 hand combinations, hand ranking can vary though.

As for preflop equity of a single hand vs a single hand you can learn quickly from equilab. You will realize the patterns, like an overpair always has very similar equity against an underpair or a pocket pair is always approx flipping with two overcards etc...

the probability of your opponent folding you can just inverse calculate from the range he's not folding with.

to put your opponent on proper ranges you need experience. you should always imagine yourself in his place what hands would you fold/call/raise etc with it and adjust that with your reads from the specific player.

If you want to know more about the mathematical concepts in poker, please check our strategy section
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      I dont know how to explane, I saw in the video there was some kind of chart, that shows, if opponent PrR% is 8 % than he would have hand like from ... to ... I want to know this chart, If opponent has prR 10 % witch cards would he have, to raise.
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DominiqueRoyal
      I dont know how to explane, I saw in the video there was some kind of chart, that shows, if opponent PrR% is 8 % than he would have hand like from ... to ... I want to know this chart, If opponent has prR 10 % witch cards would he have, to raise.
      the probability of your opponent folding you can just inverse calculate from the range he's not folding with. How this looks like when you calculate, how you get the % ?
    • FishermansFriend
      FishermansFriend
      Bronze
      That "chart" is from equliator / equilab I believe.

Calculation of fold equity by hand: See what combinations he's not folding with, divide it with all possible combinations: probability of not folding. 100-probability of not folding= probability of folding. probability of folding * gain when folding = fold equity.
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi DominiqueRoyal,

I think I know what you are searching for
      it was an exel sheet done by our coach xarry2
      I'll try to contact him or see if I can find the chart on my privat PC.

Cheers,

Pascal
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Big thank you to our experts for posting their always helpful and quick response! =)

Ingrid
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      ok, thanks :)
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      you should have a mail right now
      hope it was the chart you were looking for :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you again Pascal! =)

Ingrid
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      Thank You !!! I Guess its the right chart of what I wanted to know :)
    • DominiqueRoyal
      DominiqueRoyal
      Bronze
      Now I want to know, how to dettect my opponents bet range, - PrR %

I mean, how to dettect that my opponent has bet range for example, 8 % and he would play with - 88+, AJ+, KQ.
      I know there is a few programs that do this stuff, poker edge, poker manager, but without software there is possible to know the right bet range for opponent? Like in that chart that send me. I know If player plays a lot of hands, than he is loose style player