$50 --> $100 9man SnG or 45man MTT?

• AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      So I started about a week ago with the $50 starting capital.

I started playing mostly $1.20 9man SnG's where I find that most of the time I am breaking even, lots of up and downs.

I have also been playing 45 man MTTs, which so far I have cashed in 8/27. I have placed 1st in three, 2nd in one, 3rd twice, 5th once and 6th once.

Does anyone think that I should stop playing the 9 man SnG's and just continue with the MTT's? I have found whenever I am moving my bankroll forward it is with a win from one of these tournaments.

Check out my graph so far:

When I play I usually play 4 tables, two 9man SnG's and two 45man MTT's so if I win one of them the rest become more or less a freeroll. I'm just wondering if I should keep this up, or if anyone thinks it would be more profitable to just play the 45 mans?
  • 2 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      That can not be decided by so few games. Just try to read articles, watch movies and attend coachings. If you feel like you would do the same in the given situations as the information would tell you to do than you are on the right track.
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      Variancekiller is right, you can't determine the best game for you to play without a very large sample size. There is, however, a faster way to accurately determine what to play.

What do you enjoy? The more you enjoy a given game of Poker, the more you will play it and the harder you will work at it. If you're winning more at STT's than MTT's, but you prefer MTT's, MTT's are your best bet in the long run. If you enjoy both equally, keep doing what you're doing until you find you prefer one to another.