This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NutFlushDraw against 2 possibly strong hands

• wierdflex92
      wierdflex92
      Bronze
      Known players:  
      Hero:
      $1,72
      CO:
      $3,35
      BU:
      $8,14

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: , J:spade:
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0,06, BU raises to $0,14, SB folds, Hero calls $0,12, CO calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,43) A:spade: , J:club: , 8:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,19, CO calls $0,19, BU raises to $0,52, Hero raises to $1,58 (All-In), CO calls $1,39, BU folds.

Turn: ($4,11) 8:heart:
      River: ($4,11) 4:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4,11

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, aces and eights (Ah Td)
      Hero shows (Ks Js)

CO wins with two-pair, aces and eights (Ah Td)

Well own thoughts: I thought that both players may have an ace, witch would have given me pretty good implied pot odds, for this one,i had a nutflushdraw, so i calculated the implied pot odds to +ev, putting me on ten outs, but one player throw his towel in and i didnt hit it, what should ive done better in this hand?
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Wierdflex92,

In MSS/SSS we do not call raises and especially not reraises. Despite the fact that they both may have Ax also indicates that they have AJ/AK which is pretty bad

Then on the Flop I would rather check/call to the Nuts (2pair++) than lead out and get raised like almost always which means you get the money in as an underdog

Best regards,
      Gerv