NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Merge
      SB ($10.55)
      BB ($16.63)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($28.41)
      BTN ($12.13)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $0.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.36, fold

Hero shows K:spade: A:spade:

Hero wins $1.15

My plan was to 4-bet/fold since he did this minraise for first time(1.3k sample) and most likely its AA/KK then
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello sufix645,

If you planning to 4bet/Fold then I might even prefer just Calling with such a hand. And of course depends a lot on his 3bet and such samples.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I have a question here. It can get pretty ugly playing preflop AK and QQ ...
      Let say I have AK and I have on an EP raisor - I 3bet, he 4bets and know what I should do when I know he is kinda tight and competent ?
      Can I take the line call 4bet preflop with the intention of getting it in on A or K high flop ? I don´t really like playing for stacks preflop against tight opponents with hands like AK cause I often see Aces or Kings ...

Another similar situation would be when facing same kind of opponent as mentiond above and now having QQ - is it ok to just 3bet/call with the plan getting it in on the flop with no A or K ?

I am interested about FR actually, shorthanded is different ofc.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Let say I have AK and I have on an EP raisor - I 3bet, he 4bets and know what I should do when I know he is kinda tight and competent ?

That's the problem with tight players and often times I even rather prefer Calling for example we are on BU and not many people are behind. By that I mean not 3bet at all unless I plan to play for stacks. Often times against tight players we are doing the 3bet to make them just fold their hands not that we want them to 4bet or anything like that. Since they are usually 4betting with very strong hands and likely folding with weaker ones. Like AQ or whatsoever.

Can I take the line call 4bet preflop with the intention of getting it in on A or K high flop ? I don´t really like playing for stacks preflop against tight opponents with hands like AK cause I often see Aces or Kings ...

Rather not, just for the reason that even if we hit our A or K and of course we don't hit that often to make it profitable to Call. Even if we hit we will never know if we get paid while he could just fold and not pay us full stack. And as well we can't overplay him postflop and obviously we could face much stronger hand.

Another similar situation would be when facing same kind of opponent as mentiond above and now having QQ - is it ok to just 3bet/call with the plan getting it in on the flop with no A or K ?

It's as well pretty close, sometimes against nits I am as well Calling and trying to play it postflop and rather in smaller pots.

Hopefully it helped, if not then feel free to ask more and of course don't forget to post the hands. :) Meanwhile good luck on tables!