Table of 6 or 10 players???

• 4 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Hey dude,

I'll explain some of the differences, but a more experience player will tell you more i'm sure :)

FR (what you say is 10 people), action is slower, you'll fold more hands, and your cards don't have the same value as they would in short hand (6 player). This is because 6 handed, your cards are statistically better, since it's only facing 10 other cards. In FR, they're facing 18 cards, so many more of them can be better than your hand or dominate you.

You'll probably need to concentrate more SH, the reads on your opponents are more important, and you face less multiway pots on SH.

Also, the higher stakes you go, the less people playing FR, so eventually you'd have to switch over anyway.

Since your cards are higher value in SH, and you need to get value from them, you would rarely limp in, normally just raising and seeing the flop, whereas in FR you'd limp more often (although hopefully not too much).

And cos of that, you open with a much wider range of hands that usually you would fold on FR. There's a 6 handed open raising chart in the silver articles you can view, so compare it with the FR one and you'll see what I mean :)

That's an overview, hope it helps
    • tryhardnoob
      Hi, if you are a new player Full ring (9-10 players) are the way to go. Then later when you get more advanced you can play shorthanded (6 players).

Shorthanded brings a lot more action to the game, you have to open and 3bet looser and the mind games get to another level.
    • Mopenza
      if u are new to poker I suggest u to try FR tables so u get some clue about hand ranges of your opponents and get how to play in position.

I myself stared with 50$ at PS at NL2 in Pokerstars I beat it at 50k hand then I move to NL5 SH

SH make u think faster. FR tables I think is a bit softer, but that just my opinion.
    • racenutalways
      Play n learn 6max and use what you learned to play same style at a FR table.
      6max is fast and you're going to be up tough decisions often making it higher variance.
      Play aggressive at FR as you would 6max, just tighten up SB,BB, utg and utg+1 and open from mid position a wide range and play position never limping always betting and raising.

The rake you generate at 6max is wayyyy better then FR. more hands played per hour.

FR you can multi table more tables and pay attention to your players better and not rely solely on their stats.

Play both, play SnGs play MTTs but if you want low variance FR cash is the way to go.

I play 90% FR. I play SH about 3 months a year, I play 2-3 5$ SnGs a week, MTTs I play the freerolls every month and a 5$MTTs once a month.