Book

• jawain04
      jawain04
      Basic
      is Sit N Go strategy by Collin Moshman a good read? will it help me improve my bankroll?

I am playing micro levels $2 sit n go's. Will it help me beat these consistently - i am beating them at the moment - and will it also help me enter higher levels?

cheers for the advice
  • 7 replies
    • tryhardnoob
      tryhardnoob
      Bronze
      The book in it self wont make anything. Trust me, try putting it infront of the computer and let it play, haha ;)

But seriously I think any info is good info. But what improves your game is how you treat it.
    • maikii23
      maikii23
      Bronze
      I think its a good book to increase your overall knowledge about sng's and for sure you will not loose money in long run, but for beating limits it could be not enough, because the book is written in 2007, when were much more players who played poker only for fun without any deeper knowledge's about sng's. I don't know about others but I can say about me, even I have read that book I still got problems to beat the micro limits...
      Btw i'm considering to buy a book - "Secrets of Sit n gos" by Phil Shaw, if there is anyone who have read it, please comment is it worth it or suggest any other good book about sng's.
    • AGTpunx
      AGTpunx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maikii23
      I think its a good book to increase your overall knowledge about sng's and for sure you will not loose money in long run, but for beating limits it could be not enough, because the book is written in 2007, when were much more players who played poker only for fun without any deeper knowledge's about sng's. I don't know about others but I can say about me, even I have read that book I still got problems to beat the micro limits...
      Btw i'm considering to buy a book - "Secrets of Sit n gos" by Phil Shaw, if there is anyone who have read it, please comment is it worth it or suggest any other good book about sng's.
      If you play Single Table SNGs then 'Secrets of Sitn Gos' is a great book but it has almost nothing on multi table Sit nGos. Its real easy to read and understand.

Its about the only piece of info Ive read regarding Sit nGos and I do OK.... I recommened you read it althought it to is kinda old (2008).
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      I've read them both.. I'd say that you learn from both books.. But if I have to choose, then I would opt for Phil Saw.. Cuz it's easy to read and understand like AGTpunx said..
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      If you are serious about SNGs, you can afford to pay for a book, not steal it. It will pay for itself many times over.

I'm currently finishing writing a book with Collin Moshman, and a lot of work goes into it. I know some people will want the value from the book without paying for it, but there are responsible ways to do that. Ask your library to buy it and then check it out. Many libraries will buy any book you suggest, since they want to buy books people want to read. If people just steal it, then I won't go through the work of writing a book like that again.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pzhon
      If you are serious about SNGs, you can afford to pay for a book, not steal it. It will pay for itself many times over.

I'm currently finishing writing a book with Collin Moshman, and a lot of work goes into it. I know some people will want the value from the book without paying for it, but there are responsible ways to do that. Ask your library to buy it and then check it out. Many libraries will buy any book you suggest, since they want to buy books people want to read. If people just steal it, then I won't go through the work of writing a book like that again.
      Ok pzhon, I'm very sorry to share about IT.

Honestly, I prefer to buy the book too! I've bought "the poker mind set" & "sit and go's by Phil Shaw" from the pokerstars VIP store.. Unfortunately, "sit and go strategy by collin moshman" isn't available there ?(

Then I tried amazon.com but they don't accept paypal and I don't have credit card.. Otherwise I've already bought it.. In our country, poker isn't that popular so you can't find many poker books in the book stores unlike in USA for instance..

Btw. Last week I ordered Heads-Up NL Holdem by Collin Moshman via the Pokerstars VIP Store ;) .. Although I play 9man sng's I think I can still apply many concepts from the book into my HU game..
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Secrets of Sit'n'Gos by P. Shaw
      This is a good book but as mention already is written few years ago and has got nothing else that u cannot found almost online and well covered on our site in the articles of very good level of Pokerstrategy.com ;)