Won a hand despite being 0,606% underdog on the flop!

• Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $2 + $0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t100/t200 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1232989
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t7540 37.70 BBs
      BTN/SB: t1460 7.30 BBs

Pre Flop: (t300) Hero is BB with J :heart: K :spade:
      BTN/SB calls t100, Hero raises to t400, BTN/SB raises to t1460 all in, Hero calls t1060

Flop: (t2920) 5 :heart: 3 :diamond: 3 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t2920) K :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t2920) K :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

He had aces

I had to share this rare moment of me sucking out. :f_biggrin:
  • 17 replies
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      Is it success to suck out? Isnt it lame to just post hand where you suckout and dont show villains hand?
      I had to share this rare moment of me sucking out.

Obvs, good players rarely suck out...
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      OOps, sorry.. he had aces

And so what? If ppl can brag about being sucked out, why cant i brag about being the one who sucks out?
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Fold river.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Fold river.
      But i had tree kings
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Fold river.
      But i had tree kings
      That will be -EV in the long run.
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Fold river.
      But i had tree kings
      That will be -EV in the long run.
      let them enjoy sucking others with bad plays. hahaha :s_grin:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by YinYangS
      Lol what did i wrong? Any pro tips?
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Lol what did i wrong? Any pro tips?
      what i mean is that here, preflop, you have around 20% chance to win against aces. so you shouldn't be saying you have 0.6% chance to win on the flop since the chips went in before the flop.

also, you shouldn't be happy with these kind of "successes". why? because they are short term. if you want to be a long term winner, you should make the right decisions that will give you higher probabilities of winning.

as a note, fishes enjoy short-term winnings. if you are a fish, enjoy it. if you don't want to be one, focus on the long term. :s_cool:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze

what i mean is that here, preflop, you have around 20% chance to win against aces. so you shouldn't be saying you have 0.6% chance to win on the flop since the chips went in before the flop.

also, you shouldn't be happy with these kind of "successes". why? because they are short term. if you want to be a long term winner, you should make the right decisions that will give you higher probabilities of winning.

as a note, fishes enjoy short-term winnings. if you are a fish, enjoy it. if you don't want to be one, focus on the long term. :s_cool:
      I know the chips went in before the flop. Did i ever say anything else? No. I was 0,6% to win after the flop. So why shouldnt i say that i was 0,6% to win after the flop?

Yeah yeah yeah, thats really cool. You wrote that yourself? I asked you to tell me what i did wrong in this hand if you think i made a bad play.
    • arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      lol @ yinyang : Learn to read the thread title before commenting on it and criticising his play. The thread title obviously says "0,606% underdog on the flop. I cannot possibly understand how you twisted it's meaning, but it clearly says that on the title. Don't be such a negative bastard, because negative bastards die alone

As for it being a fishy play, I don't think it is. I think it's even correct to just push instead of raising, but a call in that situation is definitely not a fishy move (as far as I remember from playing SnGs).
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arisko
      lol @ yinyang : Learn to read the thread title before commenting on it and criticising his play. The thread title obviously says "0,606% underdog on the flop. I cannot possibly understand how you twisted it's meaning, but it clearly says that on the title. Don't be such a negative bastard, because negative bastards die alone

As for it being a fishy play, I don't think it is. I think it's even correct to just push instead of raising, but a call in that situation is definitely not a fishy move (as far as I remember from playing SnGs).
      haha. alright. i'm just sharing my thoughts ok? good luck on the tables. :s_cool:
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      Shove pre! Outcome would have been the same in this instance yeah, but should be shoving with ~7bb effective stacks ;)

Oh yeah, and luckbox! :f_biggrin:
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Only rarely will he hold aces here. Most of the time he has pocket threes. As said, fold river IMO.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      I had a read on him that he overbets with 82. On the river, i had to ship the nickles imo. I obv wasnt happy about my hand since they have quads here 50% of the time. He got unlucky that he run into the top of my range.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, but the other 50% of time you make the quads, so that was basically a coinflip.
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      [img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLxTOxihGp_oMqDvxybmBpVCp1ALV0gjLBlhLgVXeE6AhXyfRB&t=1[/img]
      QUADS

Just a coin flip away.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      More pics of the chick.