This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

when to leave a table?

• 4adeadpoet
      4adeadpoet
      Bronze
      After playing poker seriously for the last couple of months at 2nl and now 5nl on full tilt I'm wondering when is the best time to leave a table, I've been playing the BSS buying in for 100bb's, should you leave when you double up or triple or more? I've had some really good tables recently where i have managed to get to 500bb, should i just stay at the tables if im running hot and leave when i take a beat or just leave to protect my winnings?

I'm sure everyone has a different oppinion on this but would be good to hear some views, thanks! :s_cool:
  • 3 replies
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      leave when the table gets bad
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Or when you start playing bad.
    • nophun
      nophun
      Bronze
      Depends on the other players stacks.
      If you and a bad player(s) are effectively 300+ deep I would stick around. If you and another reg are 300+ effective stacks and the worst players 100ish leaving is my standard.

It is easy enough to find a bad player @ 100 bb without risking a 600bb pot vs someone semi-competent.

Another important thing is your comfort level.
      If you start to feel uneasy in the game for any reason including stack sizes just leave the table.