Strange software issues

• Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I have been happily (mostly anyway) playing on WH for a few months but last night I had a weird problem with the software. I was playing in the PS depositors freeroll and tried to reposition the table. The table flickered and jumped, refusing to go in the direction I wanted. I ended up closing down WH and rebooting my laptop. When I reopened the poker client I found that the flickering and jumping had now extended to the lobby and when I opened a table I was unable to reposition it at all (not good when I was looking to play 5-6 cash tables).

I closed it all down and went elsewhere for the evening.

Today the same issues remain. I have emailed WH support this morning (11 hours ago) but have had no response as yet.

Anyone out there got any ideas??

I have not put any new software on the laptop or removed any either so have no idea what is causing this.
  • 12 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Got an email this evening telling me that delivery of the email I sent this morning had been delayed ?( ???

Looks like the issue will take a bit longer to be resolved - ah well ..... I played on 888 instead this evening and won $140 in a freeroll :f_cool: - every cloud has a silver lining LOL
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      24 hours on and still no reply and the issue continues to prevent me from playing on WH.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software but this has made no difference.

All I want to do is get back to playing.

888 is no good as I am unable to multitable there. The software is crisp, fast and looks great nut with more than 3 tables open it is an absolute nightmare.

I have no roll anywhere else and am over half way to collecting $375 from my accumulated WH points so would like to continue there.

Anybody out there got any thoughts at all ?????
    • PipaLuck
      PipaLuck
      Bronze
      Just to ask the obvious, have you tried reinstalling it?
    • Midazolam
      Midazolam
      Bronze
      Hello Fagin,

do you have a current version of the Microsoft Internetexplorer (IE8) and of the Adobe Flashplayer? If not an update might help.

Best regards
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Did you delay a java update recenetly? That can cause these sort of issues as well

Dont hold your breath waiting for WH customer service they are terrible
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      @ PipaLuck - see the post above yours :f_cool:

@ Midazolam - yes to both :s_cool:

@ KingKarlito - possibly ?( - if I remember rightly it looked kind of dodgy - how would I go about updating "java" safely??
    • KingKarlito
      KingKarlito
      Global
      Recenetly there have been a lot of trojans that get in through java exploits as well, hope its not that though

go into control panel - programs

here double click the java icon then click the update tab then update now

Hope this helps
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      OK - just tried that and apparently I already have the latest Java update.

Then tried WH again and no changes, it's still being weird.

Still no reply from WH - I got a mail delivery notice to say the email I sent was not delivered "due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server." - whatever that means.

I have also used the WH site's "contact us" method to try to get hold of WH (did this over 48 hours ago) but of course no reply from that either.

Anybody else got any ideas???

Won't be playing online tonight as going to the pub to play!
    • sindeon
      sindeon
      Bronze
      Hi,

it looks really strange to me. ?( If it was problem with java, flasplayer or internet browser, as was suggested above, it would with no doubt affect any other aplication you use. So did you notice similar malfunction while running other programs?

----
      My guess is that problem is on your side, so you can solve it without WH customer service´s help.

----
      First thing I would do is decent search for malware, spyware... So let your antivirus and antispayware do it´s job. (It may take hour or even more depending on your HD volume and PC performance).

----
      Second thing...
      I faced similar problem several times in past while playing PC/video games and it was always caused by changing graphic option like resolution, hardware acceleration and so on... But I didn´t find any kind of this option in my poker software (but im using PartyPoker). Didn´t you apply (maybe accidentally) any changes in your poker soft preferences? Try to find and apply "reset to default settings", if there is this option.

Same problem: Didn´t you change settings of your monitor (like resolution, refresh rate...)? Check it out anyway!
      ----
      Third thing...
      Did you do reinstallation of your poker soft properly? I would recommend you to use any freeware tool like Revo Uninstaller (for example) for uninstalation your poker soft COMPLETELY from your HD and Windows registers. (I assume you use Win).
      Then, for new installation of poker soft, don´t use your former file but download new file again (may be corrupted).

----
      Fourth thing...
      Run any PC game which you know it fits your hardware configuration (so you can assume it should work correctly). If you don´t have any, just try to find something online. The point is to find if your video card drivers work correctly. If you then find same problem as with your poker soft, just update your video card drivers.

----
      Fifth thing...
      It could be problem with DirectX. Look for update...

----

If it doesn´t help, I´m sorry for wasting your time. It´s only few things which came on my mind while thinking about your problem. ;)

Hope it helps anyway,

Cheers,
      Ondra
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Well WH finally got back to me : -

"Good day!

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern with the poker software. We apologise for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you and we appreciate the chance to assist you.

In order for us to further investigate your query, we kindly ask you to provide us a screen shot of your concern. Kindly follow the instructions below on how to capture a screen shot:

1. Once you have the error on your screen, press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
      2. Open your Microsoft Paint Application
      3. Press Ctrl+V on your keyboard to paste the screen shot into the Microsoft Paint document.
      4. Save the image in JPEG format

Once we have received this information, we will forward it to our technical department for further investigation.

We appreciate your patience with this matter and we look forward to your response. Should you need any further assistance, then please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,"

It might be a good day for them but I can't play so its not for me. I fail to understand how a still screenshot will help them to diagnose a problem that would only be evident in a moving image but hey I'm no expert on these things.

I have sent a few screenshots as requested and will let you know what they say.

Cheers
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      @ sindeon

1st - the issue only affects WH poker platform. My laptop is checked daily for viruses and malware (takes up to 90 mins)

2nd - have never changed any graphic options and all settings on my laptop and the poker client are just as they have been for the last few months.

3rd - I reinstalled via the link on PS of course!

4th - I play some other games from time to time and having tried them today they run fine.

5th - DirectX, as with all the other things (java, IE8 etc) are fully up to date.

You havent wasted my time. Any thoughts are welcome and I will try any reasonable suggestions (chucking the laptop out the window has been considered already)

Thanks for your suggestions.

Fagin
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      For those who are interested in the progress of this issue I will be posting updates in my blog.