[NL2-NL10] 66set NL10 6 max

• phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1234044
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $10.00
      Hero (BTN): $16.58
      SB: $10.52
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $5.17
      MP: $10.74

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 6 :club: 6 :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) J :spade: Q :diamond: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.95) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.85, CO calls $1.85

River: ($6.65) K :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $4.35, CO raises to $6.75 all in, Hero calls $2.40

Final Pot: $20.15
      CO shows A :diamond: 9 :diamond: (a flush, Ace high)
      Hero mucks 6 :club: 6 :spade:

villain 23/19/0 over 23 hands, so small sample, tho didnt sesm to spewy

i should raise a bit bigger on the flop, to set up getting in stacks easier.
      on turn, i sometimes dont know what to do in such spots, i mean i defo have to bet, but the question is how much?
      on the river, i gave him a range of A :diamond: 8 :diamond: +;QJ,KQ,AQ,KK,AA and i beat quite a lot, but my bet sizing was really bad, i mean i bet an amount that i cant fold to a shove, imo better bet folding like 2,5
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello phantommm92,

Flop: Yeah, I'd likely raise it bigger like $1,60.
      Turn: I'd say my size would be like $2 here or something similar. Would be ugly if we get raised, although sometimes I even would fold it against passive opponents since it's so often a FD which raises this way.
      River: Rather do the bet smaller like $2-3 since if you take into account that he will anyways have hard time Calling with a Q or even Jx type of hand unless he really has there like 2pairs or something similar, he ain't gonna pay you and as well if you get raised you would be in ugly shape if you do it that big.

Best regards.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      ok then i have a question, if we raise it bigger on the flop, the pot will be 3,95
      then we respetivelly have to bet bigger on the turn, lets say 2,5 and the pot is 8,95 and opponents stack will be 5,6, so if we bet the river, we will be pretty much commited, wont we?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      ok then i have a question, if we raise it bigger on the flop, the pot will be 3,95
      then we respetivelly have to bet bigger on the turn, lets say 2,5 and the pot is 8,95 and opponents stack will be 5,6, so if we bet the river, we will be pretty much commited, wont we?
      You mean if donks near pot size on river then we would be commit or by what way? If he donks with his whole stack then I might even sometimes find a fold, since he is so often representing a flush or either a straight maybe even, although more often a flush.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      no i mean, lets say i take the same line, just raise bigger on the flop, then if he takes the same line of c/c turn and checks river, what do we do there?if we bet, we are never folding IMO
    • Indahaus
      Indahaus
      Bronze
      I think he might even fold if you raise bigger on the flop. Now you gave him the right odds. It's hard to say what it would be if you did something different in this situation. I mean maybe if the pot gets really big by the river he would be more inclined to bet in my opinion.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      no i mean, lets say i take the same line, just raise bigger on the flop, then if he takes the same line of c/c turn and checks river, what do we do there?if we bet, we are never folding IMO
      While we raise bigger on flop then sometimes I as well even take pot control line and Check behind on turn and when we hit our FH, we still can get our money in when he decides to donk. And yes, likely when you go for bet/bet/bet line then you will have all-in by river, that's often times our plan as well while betting the turn.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      so yeah, raising the flop bigger here would be better and when a :diamond: comes taking a pot control line, seems reasonable, and evaluating the river

at the time i played, i did bet turn to make him pay for his A :diamond: Qx K :diamond: Qx
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      so yeah, raising the flop bigger here would be better and when a :diamond: comes taking a pot control line, seems reasonable, and evaluating the river

at the time i played, i did bet turn to make him pay for his A :diamond: Qx K :diamond: Qx
      If he for example has flush there then if we get Check/Raised on turn it would be like damn ugly. But while we still would get all-in on river when he for example bets and then we can still ship the river when we hit our FH. :)