BTN ($6.48)

Dealt to Hero J:heart: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, fold, Hero calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.52) K:spade: 5:club: 3:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.35, BTN calls $0.25

TURN ($1.22) K:spade: 5:club: 3:diamond: 6:spade:

Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

RIVER ($2.62) K:spade: 5:club: 3:diamond: 6:spade: 8:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $5.18 (AI), Hero calls $3.70 (AI)

wins $9.36

Villain plays almost every hand - he has like 70/40/0 for this session.

On flop I want to charge him for worse K and some A5 or even some SD.

Turn I decide to bet, because I don't want to be faced with pot size bet. Also I make it smaller because I don't want to go broke with my hand.

River: I go for c/call. When he shoves it was a tough decision. I wonder what hand does he have? Flushes are out right? K8 or K6 was the most obvious one. Why would he like to force me out if he has 2 pair. In the end I didn't have enough time to go through his range and just went with the feeling. Am I good here often?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello yaxkukmian,

Flop: If he is such a station then you can consider as well even betting on all streets yourself. Although as Check/Raised then I'd do it even bigger ~$0,60.
      Turn: Could as well bet bigger here since I am anyways going to Bet/Fold it against very strong hand, since even a fish can sometimes have a hand.
      River: And while he makes such a shove and more often such shoves are very strong hands, I'd say we are behind here than that often ahead to make it profitable Call. Neither you didn't have any reads on him and as well he seems to be rather passive, therefore fold for me. Although I'd rather Bet/Fold the turn myself since he will likely still Call us with worse pairs while he would just Check behind them.

Best regards.