Harrington on Cashgames

• 7 replies
    • ubermice
      ubermice
      Bronze
      Is this for real???
      i cant wait ,
      hoh 1 and 2 are the only poker books that are worth reading everything else i read was subpar
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Looks like a good read and although I think they'll merely be an addition to the articles here, I'll probably buy them. Just hope the books don't sell too good, otherwise there won't be any fish left at the tables ;)
    • boschman123
      boschman123
      Bronze
      i just recieved them last week, havent been able to look into them... but i've heard at 2+2 that the second book about turn and river play are way better then the first book, wich will handle pre and postflop game.

i think that the first book is something for beginners because pre and postflop tactics are talked about and analyzed so often that there will be nothing new to learn for players at higher limits.

the second book not only talks about TAG game but also LAG style. that is something different for pokerbooks, two styles wich are being taught.

i will start reading book I tonight and sunday afternoon and will try to write a little comment on it monday evening.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      How was it?
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I orded them. Will post my opinion about it at the end of june, or maybe earlier. I bought Gus Hansen's book and could resist to buy these 2 also.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      I bought them, and read part 1 and most of part 2.

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. There are of course, as always, some useful things in it, but in general it's sometimes too weak-tight and sometimes too loose. I of course haven't made millions by playing poker, but I think if you take his approach to a regular 2-4 six max game, you'd get crushed pretty bad.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      I finished volume one today and in my opinion it is sometimes indeed weak-tight (certainly for online play). I don't think that most of the example hands are very usefull in se, but after all there is definately some good advice to be found in the book. I don't think that you can easily and immediately reap the benefits of reading this on the low and midstakes, but in the long run, it will make you a better player.