trip magnet Help

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Ok so the last couple of days I've been a serious trip magnet.I am down roughly 1400BB all do to trips. I'll admit 3 of those I just played really bad.

But T2pr versus trips on flop it's going in the pot. QcQs versus Jc 6s 7s flop.

So I have a big leak when it comes to trips any ideas?
      Just can't seem to spot them on unpaired boards.
  • 1 reply
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      If you have a strong hand like top two pair in a raised pot, you are usually supposed to go broke against a set.

Was it a raised pot? Was it raised enough that a set-miner doesn't have great implied odds? That can mean that you would sometimes have no pair and would not have stacked off.

Did you play your hand so that you would get value from weaker hands as well as paying off better? When you get coolered, instead of looking for a strange fold of a strong hand, you should try to think of which weaker hands your opponent would have played the same way.

You should be much more concerned about the possibility of a set, or simply a higher overpair, when the stack depth is greater. With an effective stack depth of 50 bb, you generally want to stack off with strong TPTK or better hands in raised pots against one opponent. At 80 bb, this can be a leak. At 150 bb, this can be a large leak. If you aren't used to the adjustments you need to make at 150+ bb, you may want to leave the table once your stack gets uncomfortably large.