Motivation to play

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Just wondering how all you semi-pro/professional players out there motivate yourselfs to put in ~100 hours a month or whatever..

and obviously everybody is welcome to answer how they motivate themselves to put in volume..

Volume goals?
      Volume prob bets??
      The money motivates you??

I'm kinda in a dilemma.. I want to play cuz I'll be happy about the money I'll get.. But on the other hand I've kinda disconnected myself from the money I make playing poker to dodge tilt and what not.. So the money doesn't really seem to motivate myself enough atm at least.. Maybe I should do a withdrawal and do some balla shit just to remind me it's real money :)

Volume prob bets just put me under unwanted pressure and I've already failed one of those for $50...

Volume goals don't seem to work at all.. since I've failed them so often they don't feel like a real goal anymore...
  • 2 replies
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      rewatch rounders.
      watch Deal (2008)
      watch tv while you play (can be bad idea)
      watch poker after dark/ high stakes poker while you play.
    • Kodark
      Kodark
      Bronze
      on a more serious note it is hard i know what you mean. Even playing RUSH gets boring as you are just mindlessly folding hands until you get something decent. Usually i do this in such a trans i end up folding low pocket pairs because i see the 6 come down and just click quickfold as the other 6 appears :/

I dont know how to get more motived to play. taking a break from the computer and reading a poker book could help weather its in the bath or outside in the sun.

Doing non poker related stuff can be good too. Just chill for a few days dont play at all even if you get a small temptation to. By the time you have stopped for 3-4 days you will be dying to have a monster session again.