This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] K7s unraised pot

• Wertoph
      Wertoph
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $16.36
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $11.48
      CO:
      $4.00
      BU:
      $11.99
      SB:
      $3.00
      BB:
      $21.39

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, K.
      CO posts deadblind, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, CO checks, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 4, K, 7 (4 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BU raises to $0.60, BB folds, Hero calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30.

Turn: ($2.25) T (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.70, BU calls $0.70, Hero raises to $2.00, CO folds, BU calls $1.30.

River: ($6.95) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.45, BU raises to $9.29, Hero calls $4.33.

Final Pot: $25.02.

Since there was a blind posted out of turn i decided to see if I can see a cheap flop with suited king.
      On the flop we are 4 way and i hit 2 pair. Since no one showed any strength preflop i evaluated my hand as best atm, so I bet and got a caller and a minreraise.

Figured they either had a draw or a king with mid kicker, or maybe hit a set.
      On turn I checked , thinking that the previous raiser would've reraised, but he just called the bet, so I reraised thinking I m still ahead. On river nothing changed no flushes were possible, and I put him on a KJ, not a set since he did not raise the turn. He shoves into me , and i think i had good odds to call.

In the equilator I put them on limping range, pocket pairs 22-99, suited connectors, suited face cards, Axs, and connected face cards.

On the flop i had 73% equity, and the river against just one opponent 89% , so I think calling was good, I was getting good pot odds.

help?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wertoph,

Preflop: I am not really bag fan of limping such a hand, you just putting yourself into difficult spots and overplaying your pairs of course. I'd just fold it and might if I want to play I'd play it from BU or something similar and with isolation.

As played
      Flop: And yes, I'd rather as well go for pot control while I was passive preflop and not try to get it in directly here. Therefore rather Bet/Call as well but maybe even a bit bigger like $0,35-0,40.
      Turn: I'd still continue betting here, I don't really like the Check/Raise at all, we never know where we stand with our hand while being in such a multiway pot. Could easily be against maybe even sets, as well better 2 pairs.

As played
      River: I am not really big fan of it, only reasonable hand which we might beat is K4 and that's all I guess. I don't expect him to shove her anyways with just 1pair unless he is maniac and why should he shove with it in such a multiway pot? More often I'd say that he has somewhat strong hand here and I am rather Bet/Folding it.

Best regards.