Multi-table struggle.

• nophun
      nophun
      Bronze
      I am struggling with adding tables when playing PLO.
      Adding more then 2 tables and I seem to get really uncomfortable.

I am weirded out by this as I play 4-6 hu hold em' tables no problem. At least last time I tried I could mass table NL ring games and not feel the way 3-4 PLO tables make me feel. :f_confused:

I am fine with playing heads up vs a decent player @ 2/4-3/6 but I am leaky when I try to play 4 6-max tables of .5/1-2/4.

Is this just because 4 cards are natural and I have not gave a blood oath to the devil ? Because I am pretty sure this is his game .. :f_biggrin:

Seriously. Has anyone gone through this when moving into PLO?
      Got any tips other then move down, and add tables as I go ?
      (I am doing these ldo)

I am most likely trying to rush things and just geting frustrated. :f_cry:
  • 3 replies
    • seasonsofchange
      seasonsofchange
      Bronze
      I had the same problem. At first, 4 tables of O8 was very hard for me to pay attention. Reduced to 2-3 and my ROI increased surprisingly. As I played more hands, situations got more common and standard. Now I'm quite confortable 10-12 tabling. It's full ring or 6 max. Probably HU is completely different story...
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      It sounds like you have the right idea by adding tables as you go along. Just take it slow and stay within your comfort range - if it never becomes a lot of tables then so be it.
    • nophun
      nophun
      Bronze
      I watched your SS video, GodlikeRoy.
      That gave me the idea to try it and that really helped. I had a losing session last night but I was happy with how I played and felt way more comfortable playing 4 tables. Obviously SS makes most post flop play straight forward.

I will be going over the session before I play today, and will post any interesting spots in the hand review forum. Hopefully I never butchered any hands too bad. :f_p:

ATM I have bigger issues with putting in volume then the lack of the ability to multi-table ..... Motivation.