A basic question on Razz poker

• arisko
      arisko
      Bronze
      So, I don't really understand what my hand is when the hand pairs three times. Does the hand become invalid for play. Lets say my hand is A2A4462, would that hand become an unplayable hand since thee is no 5-card combination that won't need a pair.
  • 6 replies
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      It is still playable, but every non-paired hand beats it - even KQJT9. You can only win against an opponent with 3 paired hand with higher cards...like KK66882. At least that is how I understand it. :D
    • RainmanTrail
      RainmanTrail
      Basic
      TiciBoy is correct. Any hand plays in razz, it just has to be better than your opponents hand to drag the chips. Perhaps your confusion is coming from Stud Hi-Lo where there is a qualifier. In qualifier games, there is no low hand awarded if it does not qualify (aka - 5 cards 8 or lower unpaired).
    • themagpiespg
      themagpiespg
      Bronze
      Hi probable not the correct place for this but, Rainmantrail do u do session review videos of razz sessions as I would like to request a review of my 3rd razz session to try and find any leaks and flaws with my game. Hope u can help

Thanks
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Yep, but Razz is still one of those games where if you pair the board on 4th street, you're pretty much always folding your hand. :f_biggrin:

I'm not quite sure how someone with 3 pair sees the river, but as others have mentioned, there is no qualifier.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      I'm not quite sure how someone with 3 pair sees the river, but as others have mentioned, there is no qualifier.
      when the other player also pairs a lot? ;)
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MarcPS
      Originally posted by Ribbo
      when the other player also pairs a lot? ;)
      If you're the other player, i'm pretty much never folding since you run super bad at everything.