This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Shorthanded vs Fullring tables

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I now have 25 stacks on NL 25, I consider moving to shorthanded tables. Sometimes fullring tables are full of fishes, but mostly, it´s quite tight players out there. Maybe someone experience player can give me advise what should I follow when I switch to SH tables (and don´t mean link to article:) ). Like 3-betting lighter in position (AJ, AQ, KQ or calling MP1 raise and floating to trying take down the pot). How much should I defend my blinds against BU or CO raises (and by defending, should I 3-bet for example KQ, 88 oop)

Thanks,
  • 2 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Watch all vids and go to coachings before you start SH is best I think. It's a completely different game and that way you already get a feeling for it
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Kaitz20!

Yoghi is right: Watch videos and coachings and ask our coaches if you have any questions. Concerning you starting hands: You have to play looser preflop but that doesn't mean that you have to player looser postflop. Shorthanded play is more difficult because you will be in a lot more marginal situations. Just give it a try, post hands, watch videos and coachings AND (sorry about that ;) ) read articles!

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81