[NL2-NL10] Kj

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I'm just going to post this for input,before I explain why.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $5.14
      CO:
      $5.63

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:club: , J:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.28, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.62) K:spade: , 9:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO raises $5.35 (All-In), Hero calls $4.86 (All-In).

Turn: ($10.83) 9:spade:
      River: ($10.83) A:heart: (2 players)

Final Pot: $10.83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kc Jc)
      CO shows two-pair, aces and nines (Ac 8h)

CO wins with two-pair, aces and nines (Ac 8h)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello diversfx,

Preflop: Actually it's even somewhat close on those limit to open-raise it from MP, and I am not really sure if you are capable of playing such hands that profitable, mostly you will be as well OOP.

As played
      Postflop: Even if he is a maniac and shoves any 2, I am still not sure if I am going to Call this, although you you really have seen like shoving any 2 hands on flop a lot then I might consider, although still not sure either we can make it that profitable in long run unless we have very good reads.

Best regards.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      Pre-flop I'm trying to stop the limp fest that was going on. this V was a bluff factory every big bet was a bluff everything strong was bet for value or CC until the river.

His 3 bet pre-flop set off alarm bells being so small.Went for pot control call instead of 4bet.Probably a mistake

Flop is about as good as I can hope to get.Check to induce the bluff. Now the shove really surprised me. But just didn't make sense and felt wrong.Went with my read. The river 3 outer was just sick.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by diversfx
      Pre-flop I'm trying to stop the limp fest that was going on. this V was a bluff factory every big bet was a bluff everything strong was bet for value or CC until the river.

His 3 bet pre-flop set off alarm bells being so small.Went for pot control call instead of 4bet.Probably a mistake

Flop is about as good as I can hope to get.Check to induce the bluff. Now the shove really surprised me. But just didn't make sense and felt wrong.Went with my read. The river 3 outer was just sick.
      Without any good read I am not going to Call on flop, even if it doesn't make sense the shove then as well we just ain't getting that great odds to make to Call in long run that profitable unless we have a good reason.