UTG ($32.90)
      UTG+1 ($10)
      Hero ($10)
      MP1 ($21.10)
      MP2 ($16.60)
      CO ($43.75)
      BTN ($20.75)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 9:spade:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $1.50

FLOP ($4.75) 6:diamond: Q:diamond: J:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $3, UTG calls $3

TURN ($10.75) 6:diamond: Q:diamond: J:club: J:heart:

UTG checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($10.75) 6:diamond: Q:diamond: J:club: J:heart: 3:heart:

UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3

UTG shows 8:diamond: 9:diamond:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 55.0%, Turn 34.1%)

Hero shows A:club: 9:spade:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 45.0%, Turn 65.9%)

Hero wins $15.95

Hi guys,

The table is very tight and the villain is a fish, who likes to limp/call with wide range and he likes to float. So I made a isolation raise and I think if I second barrel he will folds most of the time. So, I think check behind to induce bluff has more equity. This is the sickest call that I made on my session today :f_love: . How do you think about it? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

Even though UTG is a fish and the table is very tight I think isolating with A9o from UTG+2 is too loose. I would prefer to fold preflop and wait for a better spot(stronger hand or better position).

On the flop the board hits his range a lot and specially against a villain who doesn't like to fold postflop I would check behind and re-evaluate turn.

As played, I think calling river 1/4 potsize bet is ok. All the draws missed and I think he would play differently if he had a Q or a J.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      ty for the reply.

Yes, it is too loose to iso raise with A9o from UTG. I did it because I was tilting after losing with aces. :f_grin:
      Villain stats, VPIP is 72, limp in UTG is 51%(39), Limp/call is 45%, Fold to cbet Flop is 30%(20), Fold to cbet Turn is 0(5), bet Turn OOP vs missed CB is 50%(16), bet River OOP vs missed CB is 75%(8), aggression Flop is 0.7, Turn is 1.4 and River is 2.4, hand sample is 137.
      Let say Hero check behind Flop, I think villain will bet on Turn. Can you call the Turn bet? If yes, he most likely will barrel on River. Can you call the River also?
      In my point of view, the best play against this opponent is check behind Flop, then c/f the Turn or if the villain check Turn then c/c the River.
      Any advice? Thanks. :)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey JHTAN,

Originally posted by JHTAN
      ty for the reply.

Yes, it is too loose to iso raise with A9o from UTG. I did it because I was tilting after losing with aces. :f_grin:
      Villain stats, VPIP is 72, limp in UTG is 51%(39), Limp/call is 45%, Fold to cbet Flop is 30%(20), Fold to cbet Turn is 0(5), bet Turn OOP vs missed CB is 50%(16), bet River OOP vs missed CB is 75%(8), aggression Flop is 0.7, Turn is 1.4 and River is 2.4, hand sample is 137.
      Let say Hero check behind Flop, I think villain will bet on Turn. Can you call the Turn bet? If yes, he most likely will barrel on River. Can you call the River also?
      In my point of view, the best play against this opponent is check behind Flop, then c/f the Turn or if the villain check Turn then c/c the River.
      Any advice? Thanks. :)
      I wouldn't rely too much on (postflop) stats after only 137 hands. But as a general picture you can see he is quite loose postflop as well as preflop, so as you said cb flop and fold to turn donk is most likely and for you the best scenario. Also if you look your equity against his range on this board you'll see it's quite bad, so giving up the hand is not too weak and you will never know where you stand if you continue with A-high.

As for the river call after turn check, calling is fine as long as the river card is blank.

Regards,
      burek2000