Questions regarding multi-tabling

• FSOPFounder
      FSOPFounder
      Bronze
      Just a quick question about the multi-tablers at the microstake SnG...

I have noticed that the people that attempt to multi-table are not too difficult to read. Granted, I am horrible at poker and could be very wrong, but it seems that when someone is multi-tabling, they wait for premium hands (JJ+ - AQ+). It is very easy to put them on a hand, especially early in the tourney. Granted, they usually get a fish to call their bets when they have this hand and generally double up off of them and just fold, fold, fold, until they are in the money.

Am I the only one noticing this?

Again, I will reiterate, I suck at poker and just wanted to see if my reasoning was as bad as my play.

Tchuss.
  • 3 replies
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Hey,

you can't just generalize it like this. It depends on the tourney (turbo, non-turbo). Because in turbos, the blinds would probably eat a majority of your stack if you played just hands in the range you described. Lot of people def play more tight these days but definitely NOT EVERYONE who is multitabling. The range you described seems way too tight to me.

I think it is a good strategy to play little bit more tight at the beginnning of a tourney. Also everything depends on your position. You fold some hands in the early position but raise it in the late position...
    • FSOPFounder
      FSOPFounder
      Bronze
      I play the regular SnG's...don't like the flip races of the Turbo and Super-Turbos.

Thank you for your response. I notice that their ranges loosens somewhat toward the back-end of the tournament, but have consistently noticed that I can steal blinds on a regular basis from them for at least half the tournament. Granted, I might see the multi-tablers as regular, but then again at $2 SnG's, they very well could be fish that think they can handle multi-tabling.

Yes, position is very important. It is just like real estate where the 3 most important things are location, location, location....In poker it is position, position, position.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FSOPFounder
      Just a quick question about the multi-tablers at the microstake SnG...

I have noticed that the people that attempt to multi-table are not too difficult to read. Granted, I am horrible at poker and could be very wrong, but it seems that when someone is multi-tabling, they wait for premium hands (JJ+ - AQ+). It is very easy to put them on a hand, especially early in the tourney. Granted, they usually get a fish to call their bets when they have this hand and generally double up off of them and just fold, fold, fold, until they are in the money.

Am I the only one noticing this?

Again, I will reiterate, I suck at poker and just wanted to see if my reasoning was as bad as my play.

Tchuss.
      I play 6 tables of 6max sngs and i dont really play only premium hands.. My button opening range is wider than your granny's underpants.
      And frankly i havent seen many ppl who multitable these sngs (on full tilt), the biggest grinder i've came across was a guy who was playing two tables.