Partypoker Vs Pokerstars

• byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      I'm playing FLH at Party and PStarts, and at Party I'm winning 3$ while on Pokerstars I'm winning 60$ now after same sample of 5k hands. I don't believe in all that crap about rigged sites, but Party is so unlucky for me. I don't know is there any psychological reason about Party that I just can't move up the limits, or what. Anyway, that's not the reason about posting this- I have some software trouble- my Party table freezes from time to time (I also have PStars on at the same time, but with Pstars it never happens). Anyone else has the same problem?
  • 16 replies
    • MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze
      Hi byxl,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the software.

If this happens regularly to you, I'd suggest to contact Party customer service: PartyPoker Support Center.
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      Ahh, I'm usually playing Pokerstars- most traffic, best customer support in general (not just as far as poker sites are concerned), and can't imagine being regular anywhere else. I only play Party cause of Strategy pts here. As long as I'm not losing, it's OK. Hate everything about Party though, design, sfx, tools, all... Site in general...
      I know it sounds bad, as I'm sure there are plenty who like the site, while I and Party just got off on the wrong foot I guess.
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      Honestly,
      can anyone tell what is going on? Is it psychological? On Pokerstars now I'm winning like 30$ per day on 10/20c FLH, while at the same time at Party (same hand sample) I was down couple of hours ago, and now I'm winning 1,5$ and I'm ecstatic about it! I swear at Party I see Quads, Full Houses that beat my own, sets that beat my own, flushes, etc. just lurking on the river. I get KK at Party, and I'm honestly terrified of what might happen. What is the matter with me and this site? Its' not the money, I don't care about that at this point, it's just that my competitive spirit is being trashed at this site.
      Please, no "RNG is rigged" comments - I hate those...
    • ToMuchForU
      ToMuchForU
      Bronze
      5k hands is not really a significant sample...
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      PokerStars doesn't congratulate you after winning a pot, that's why PP > PS
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      LOL
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ToMuchForU
      And what is the hand samle 10million hands?
    • EasyOnEAS
      EasyOnEAS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by byxlI get KK at Party, and I'm honestly terrified of what might happen.
      Ye, sometimes a huge unlucky streak can make worry instead of giving you hope when you get a great hand. Just remember that you have the same chanse of winning like everyone else!
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well the RNG is rigged, that's the problem.
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      Yeah I know about chances... Well the good news is, depositor bonus included, I'm now 9$ up...
    • MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Same problem for me! Played NL2 FR at PP 20BB games and standard games, but no luck and small (micro (nano)) winnings there. Now I'm playing at NL4 SH, more action and little more money, but winnings in sessions are very small. Maybe in long terms you can earn more money but then you need to play much more hands than usually. And Party points... they're coming reaaaaaaaaly slowwwwwwww :f_mad:
      But there's some bright sides of PP. As said taavi1337 they congratulates you after winning a pot :D
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      I got fifth at the bankroll builder Freeroll and won 7$ so now I'm up 16$ at Party. Still moderately pissed though. Today's was the first day that I actually won more at FLH cash game at Party than at Pstars. At Pstars was terrible a terrible day - I'm up just 10c :D . But my Pstars bankroll is up by 30$ which I won at 2-7 NL sd tournament. Got bored by FLH, felt like going all in for a change. So overall good evening...
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by byxl
      Originally posted by ToMuchForU
      And what is the hand samle 10million hands?
      Decent sample starts at 40-50k hands
      Good samples are 100k+
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      Guess so... I'm not moving up the limits until I get at least 50K hands sample ... Maybe only if VIP status depends on it... One thing I got say it's best at Party Poker and that's their freeroll availability. I honestly think anyone who gets their 50$ starting capital should focus also on freerolls there to try and get some extra for their bankroll instead of going down the limits.

p.s I'm 5,75BB/100hands after 14700 Hand sample... I guess that's good enough for a player who just started to play this game seriously...
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Guess so... I'm not moving up the limits until I get at least 50K hands sample ... Maybe only if VIP status depends on it... One thing I got say it's best at Party Poker and that's their freeroll availability. I honestly think anyone who gets their 50$ starting capital should focus also on freerolls there to try and get some extra for their bankroll instead of going down the limits.

p.s I'm 5,75BB/100hands after 14700 Hand sample... I guess that's good enough for a player who just started to play this game seriously...
      Just move up limit when you have a good bankroll, NL2 NL5 NL10 is very weak.

I only played 30k hands NL10 avg 8bb/100h and I had enough bankroll to play NL25. While I played over 80k hands (bad luck, was weaker back than) on NL2 to actually get enough bankroll for NL5...
    • byxl
      byxl
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney

Just move up limit when you have a good bankroll, NL2 NL5 NL10 is very weak.

I only played 30k hands NL10 avg 8bb/100h and I had enough bankroll to play NL25. While I played over 80k hands (bad luck, was weaker back than) on NL2 to actually get enough bankroll for NL5...
      I'm playing FL not NL :D ... since I play SH too I'll wait to get some 40$ over the bankroll limit to feel safer...no rush for me...