MP: $10.75
      MP+1: $8.00
      LP: $10.15
      CO: $10.00
      BTN: $11.25
      SB: $7.20

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:heart: K:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG+1 calls $0.90

Flop: ($2.45, 2 players) 3:club: 9:club: 7:diamond:
      Hero bets $3.00, UTG+1 calls $3.00

Turn: ($8.45, 2 players) A:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2.70 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.70

River: ($13.85, 2 players) 9:spade:

Spoiler

Hero shows K:heart: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Nines) (PreFlop 67%, Flop 54%, Turn 2%)
      UTG+1 shows 2:club: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (PreFlop 33%, Flop 46%, Turn 98%)
      UTG+1 wins $12.93

Basically pre flop i knew i was winning, flop i KNEW he was on a drawing hand so overbet to push him off. Obviously he doesnt even realise what pot odds are so called. Hit his ace, and i was too attached to let go.

Do i need to move up levels to avoid people like this who will just call down again and again? Seems like they always luck out on me with TERRIBLE pot odds.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello haines21,

And welcome to the forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. Will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Do i need to move up levels to avoid people like this who will just call down again and again? Seems like they always luck out on me with TERRIBLE pot odds.

This is the worst mistake you could do and moving up the limits where people respect your raises. Just abuse them and do it for value. :)

About the hand:
      I don't like the overbet on flop, rather would do it like $2, he will just have hard time Calling with a lot worse, even if he is that loose. We want him to Call with crap and extract value from him. And as played the turn is not much to do, against his stack I am likely as well going broke, he could easily do that with worse PPs as well.

Just don't take a look at such beats, you will face them a lot in future. In long run you are earning a lot money from those kind of opponents. ;)

Best regards.