[NL2-NL10] NL5 RP FR 77 on a paired board

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,42) 8:spade: , 8:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, BB raises to $0,55, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,82

I bet for value from lower pairs and to collect dead money (any overcards). I didn't know what to do vs. a raise. Could I call a raise?

What then on a 2:club: turn if he continues to bet 1/2 pot? What about K :spade: turn and he continues with 1/2 pot?

If he checks 2 :club: turn do I check back or do I bet again?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dawidas888,

First of all, I'd even do the CBet a bit bigger like $0,30. Such a small could easily induce him to raise with any kind of crappy hands.

I bet for value from lower pairs and to collect dead money (any overcards). I didn't know what to do vs. a raise. Could I call a raise?

Depends a lot on the opponent, if he is rather unknown then I might even prefer folding since we will likely have to give it up on turn anyways when he bets again unless we know him better.

What then on a 2Club turn if he continues to bet 1/2 pot? What about K Spade turn and he continues with 1/2 pot?

Once again depends a lot on the opponent, he could easily as well pick such a line even with bluff. Either it's a 2 or as well a K which is good card to represent.

If he checks 2 Club turn do I check back or do I bet again?

Yes, likely I would rather Check behind and take a pot control and maybe even induce him to bet with bluffs, since he will anyways have hard time going to continue with bluffs.

Best regards.