This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 RP FR 77 on a paired board

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:spade: , 7:club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, BB calls $0,15.

Flop: ($0,42) 8:spade: , 8:diamond: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, BB raises to $0,55, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0,82

I bet for value from lower pairs and to collect dead money (any overcards). I didn't know what to do vs. a raise. Could I call a raise?

What then on a 2:club: turn if he continues to bet 1/2 pot? What about K :spade: turn and he continues with 1/2 pot?

If he checks 2 :club: turn do I check back or do I bet again?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dawidas888,

First of all, I'd even do the CBet a bit bigger like $0,30. Such a small could easily induce him to raise with any kind of crappy hands.

I bet for value from lower pairs and to collect dead money (any overcards). I didn't know what to do vs. a raise. Could I call a raise?

Depends a lot on the opponent, if he is rather unknown then I might even prefer folding since we will likely have to give it up on turn anyways when he bets again unless we know him better.

What then on a 2Club turn if he continues to bet 1/2 pot? What about K Spade turn and he continues with 1/2 pot?

Once again depends a lot on the opponent, he could easily as well pick such a line even with bluff. Either it's a 2 or as well a K which is good card to represent.

If he checks 2 Club turn do I check back or do I bet again?

Yes, likely I would rather Check behind and take a pot control and maybe even induce him to bet with bluffs, since he will anyways have hard time going to continue with bluffs.

Best regards.