[NL2-NL10] NL5 RP FR JJ on a draw heavy board vs. a donk bet

• Dawidas888
      Dawidas888
      Bronze
      0,02/0,05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0,20, 2 folds, SB calls $0,18, BB folds.

Flop: ($0,45) 8:heart: , 5:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,45, Hero calls $0,45.

Flop: I call, because I think that raising would put me in trouble, i.e. vs. an all-in I don't see myself ahead. Now I put him on FD, TP, straights (67, 46)

Turn: ($1,35) 7:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,35, Hero calls $1,35.

Turn: I call and plan to fold vs. AI on the river. I still see myself ahead of his range (and he could continue with 1 heart draw).

River: ($4,05) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0,05, Hero raises to $3,25 (All-In), SB calls $1,06 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

River: I ship AI, because when he bets so small I think he has TP very often. I am not sure now if shipping was the right thing to do.

If he ships river, is fold the best move? What if he checks the turn, do I bet? Any other possible move on the flop (raise)?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dawidas888,

First of all, try switching stacks on in Elephant, there should be a button which allows you to show the stacks and as well stats.

If he ships river, is fold the best move? What if he checks the turn, do I bet? Any other possible move on the flop (raise)?

I'd even fold it on turn, I just don't see many hands what we beat there which is potting. And yes, you can likely bet the turn if he checks. As I understand he ain't even fully stacked then yes, raising could be an option on flop.

Best regards.