$14.76
      CO:
      $10.26
      BU (Hero):
      $10.00
      SB:
      $6.90

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, J.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) Q, 6, 8 (2 players)
      CO bets $0.45, Hero raises to $1.30, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.2.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Seems that you have a leak with Calling too much with off-suited connectors and as well gappers. With those hands you have to know your opponent you are playing against and rather not Call while you have position and every time. With just Calling and hoping to hit you wont hit them often enough to play them profitable.

As played
      Postflop: And that's as well how we should play our hand when we Call preflop, we as well have to play such boards aggressively. But you have to take into account that rather do it against known opponents.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Seems that you have a leak with Calling too much with off-suited connectors and as well gappers. With those hands you have to know your opponent you are playing against and rather not Call while you have position and every time. With just Calling and hoping to hit you wont hit them often enough to play them profitable.

Best regards.
      Ye, it´s becoming more and more obvious to me. Thank you for helping me with finding out :) .

So what do you think is ok calling range eg against unknown big stack opening from MP2 and I am on BU ? PPs, and what high cards ? KQs or even AQ is minimum for call here ?? I now can see the leak but I don´t really see the borderline which cards are playable and which aren´t against a raise ?(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123

Best regards.
      Ye, it´s becoming more and more obvious to me. Thank you for helping me with finding out :) .

So what do you think is ok calling range eg against unknown big stack opening from MP2 and I am on BU ? PPs, and what high cards ? KQs or even AQ is minimum for call here ?? I now can see the leak but I don´t really see the borderline which cards are playable and which aren´t against a raise ?(
      I guess I would likely even Call with some AJ type of hands minimum and of course suited connectors and PPs and so on. Depends a lot on table dynamic and the feeling and of course opponent. And of course sometimes I even call looser if I get even better odds and there are more callers.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

Best regards.

I guess I would likely even Call with some AJ type of hands minimum and of course suited connectors and PPs and so on. Depends a lot on table dynamic and the feeling and of course opponent. And of course sometimes I even call looser if I get even better odds and there are more callers.
      Please be more specific. I really want to fix this leak cause it costs me a lot. So to call is better let say 89s than JQ ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Please be more specific. I really want to fix this leak cause it costs me a lot. So to call is better let say 89s than JQ ?

It's hard to say exact range like "YOU CAN CALL" with that hand. Just take the equilator and play around with equity. For example but 89s vs some range and then put QJ vs some range and so on. And then try getting the point if you get the equity and as well the odds. And of course with those hands you have to have a plan postflop. With just calling you wont hit often enough, you have to find spots where you gonna play back and therefore you need to know the opponent. ;) And if I would write every situation into this reply I would need pages to describe every situation against different opponents and so on. :D
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Ok, thanks. I am gonna play with it little bit :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Ok, thanks. I am gonna play with it little bit :)
      Definitely do it, you might even be surprised at some spot. It has helped me a lot to understand the meaning and as well try understanding for example the odds and as well implied odds. Make clear for yourself what is your plan with those hands postflop. And you could even write it down for yourself, like dry board, what are you doing? Wet board, what are you doing? How you playing draws? When to play passively TP and when to drop your TP? And so on...