[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH KK How to get value on the river?

• Alleen86

I isolated very loose/passive MP with KK from the BU. I guess that checking behind would be fine, but he is not aggresive enough IMO to bluff bet the turn and also he could easily have a flushdraw, so I bet for protection and value. Ofcourse, K was very good card for me on the turn.

What to do on the river to extract value? Is it better to bet small? I was hoping he will call me with Ax, or some pair that he called the flop and turn with.

His stats: 77/6/40/1,1/35 (VPIP/PFR/FtoCB/AF/Hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, K.
      MP3 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) A, 3, 8 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP3 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.35) K (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00.

River: ($6.35) 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero raises to $7.07(All-In), MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.35.
  • 2 replies
    • acceleration123

Imo if you want to protect from FD bet more on the flop something like 0,80-0,90 would be ok, cause he is able to call that amout anyway if he is on FD.

On the other hand your shove on the river looks to strong for him to call. If he is on a busted FD he is not going to call anyways but Ax could easily call something like 3,50$. But against shove, I think that Ace with weak kicker will have hard time calling because you´ve already fired two barrels.

Otherwise seems to be fine :)
    • veriz
      Hello Alleen86,

Flop: If you want to protect from draws on flop then rather bet it bigger and as well if you expect him to Call there with worse pairs.
      Turn: But otherwise I'd definitely bet it on turn for value and as well protection.
      River: And you can easily ship the rivers, if he has the ace he is very likely to Call it anyways, likely just had the draw.

Best regards.