Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2,43
      BU:
      $3,48

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, BU raises to $0,14, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,31) Q:club: , 7:heart: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,31) 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,2, BU calls $0,20.

River: ($0,71) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,35, BU raises to $3,14 (All-In), Hero ???
  • 4 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hi,

If he was a thinking player, I think you can 4bet preflop because he could be inclined to 3bet you slightly looser there becaues you raise from CO and your range is pretty wide - eg. just to steal the blinds. However I would not expect many thinking players on NL2.

But I would bet/fold the flop. He is not gonna continue here with TP at least and it is 3bet pot that you can easily take down. The flop just pleases you to make a contibet imo. ;)

But if you didn´t bet the flop then it doesn´t make sense to bluff on the blank turn. Due to the fact that flop was check-check his calling range even expands on the turn so he is calling you with some pocket pairs that would otherwise fold on the flop such as 88-TT. On the turn you are just throwing your money away.

River is mystery for me :) I am really interested what is veriz gonna say about this. But personally I´d call. If I calculated it correctly, you have to be 40% of the time ahead which I thik you slightly are thus it´s slightly +EV.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello banistb,

Actually I am not really big fan even betting the turn, rather donk the flop which is often times stronger. And if you don't donk the flop then rather just Check it through and hope to see free showdown. And as played river, what hands do you expect him to shove this way there? As we see he is rather passive guy, do you think he is capable of doing that with bluff? Do you think that he is doing that with worse Kx? I don't really think that we see there that often a lot worse hands. More often we are facing a very strong hand, and therefore I am Bet/Folding the river and my sizing would be as well bigger like $0,50.

Best regards.
    • banistb
      banistb
      Bronze
      Hero calls $1,74 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4,89

Hero shows a pair of kings (Ah Kd)[/COLOR]
      BU shows (As 8c)[/COLOR]
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by banistb
      Hero calls $1,74 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4,89

Hero shows a pair of kings (Ah Kd)[/COLOR]
      BU shows (As 8c)[/COLOR]
      The point ain't that you like made a very good Call here, you can't Call here in long and make it profitable, you will come up more often beat by a very strong hand this way rather than pure bluff. That's the point, and without reads I am not going to Call.