This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [NL 50 sh] TJ o BvB

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($68.20)
      Hero (BB) ($50.50)
      UTG ($59.15)
      MP ($98.30)
      CO ($166.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 10:diamond:
      3 folds, SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) Q:spade: , Q:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($16) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $11, Hero calls $11

Total pot: $38 | Rake: $1.90

Atm of the hand i was having some history with villain which is a 20/16 TAG overall but he was stealing a lot vs me after I made some folds in the previous hands vs different opponents, also very aggro BvB vs me this session.

I thought that he is not 3 barreling many value hands except from Qx [KQ AQ QJs], JJ+ so I was planning on calling him on any J or T and raise him all in on all cards except an Ace.

When he fires the third barrel I call for the reasoning above as I see a many combos of bluffs in his range and not so many value hands.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      interesting plan.
      Since you have J high I think you can also cosnider just folding on the flop, but if you picked up extra equity on the turn you can play the way you did- calling down if yo hit your pair and shove if you misses.
      Players would generally 3-barrle a lot or b/f river valuehands like overpairs.
      I think a little efficient would would also to raise turn, that you'd likely play with Qx. He would ahve to fold his 2-barrel range and might also b/f hands that he would bet for value, like 99/66 or someitmes even overpairs
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      And just take the showdown if he calls regardless of what card falls ? I mean it's not like we can improve against his calling range on the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      And just take the showdown if he calls regardless of what card falls ? I mean it's not like we can improve against his calling range on the turn.
      with 9 you can shove for value, with T and J you have showdown value, since he would also b/c turn with flushdraws and now question is if he would fold his overpairs and better hands if we shove river even if we improve to one pair hand.
      I usually think that he would call us down if it is blank, so I wouldn't really shove any river card. if I want him to force better flushdraws I think 10$ bet should do that job