[NL20-NL50] [NL 50 sh] TJ o BvB

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($68.20)
      Hero (BB) ($50.50)
      UTG ($59.15)
      MP ($98.30)
      CO ($166.25)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , 10:diamond:
      3 folds, SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3) Q:spade: , Q:diamond: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7) 8:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($16) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $11, Hero calls $11

Total pot: $38 | Rake: $1.90

Atm of the hand i was having some history with villain which is a 20/16 TAG overall but he was stealing a lot vs me after I made some folds in the previous hands vs different opponents, also very aggro BvB vs me this session.

I thought that he is not 3 barreling many value hands except from Qx [KQ AQ QJs], JJ+ so I was planning on calling him on any J or T and raise him all in on all cards except an Ace.

When he fires the third barrel I call for the reasoning above as I see a many combos of bluffs in his range and not so many value hands.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      interesting plan.
      Since you have J high I think you can also cosnider just folding on the flop, but if you picked up extra equity on the turn you can play the way you did- calling down if yo hit your pair and shove if you misses.
      Players would generally 3-barrle a lot or b/f river valuehands like overpairs.
      I think a little efficient would would also to raise turn, that you'd likely play with Qx. He would ahve to fold his 2-barrel range and might also b/f hands that he would bet for value, like 99/66 or someitmes even overpairs
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      And just take the showdown if he calls regardless of what card falls ? I mean it's not like we can improve against his calling range on the turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      And just take the showdown if he calls regardless of what card falls ? I mean it's not like we can improve against his calling range on the turn.
      with 9 you can shove for value, with T and J you have showdown value, since he would also b/c turn with flushdraws and now question is if he would fold his overpairs and better hands if we shove river even if we improve to one pair hand.
      I usually think that he would call us down if it is blank, so I wouldn't really shove any river card. if I want him to force better flushdraws I think 10$ bet should do that job