[NL2-NL10] Nl5 SH AJo in min 3-bet pot.

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      He min 3-bets me preflop so I decide just to take a look at the flop. I check and he checks back. I Check the turn playing pot control since i think his flop check is strange, and he checks behind. Now I think he has some kind of Aq/AKhand thinking he might pay me off with a-high here since i've shown no strenght this hand. then he almost minraises me. I cant really udnerstand what he's representing here so I call.

On thinking about it I think its better to check the river to induce a bluff from AK/AQ.

What should I be doing here? just fold the river?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4.54
      BB:
      $4.39
      BU:
      $2.13

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.98 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , J:diamond:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.13, BB raises to $0.25, BU folds, Hero calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.65) 9:heart: , 6:heart: , 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($0.65) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($0.65) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.50.

Final Pot: $2.45

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Ac Jd)
      BB shows three-of-a-kind, nines (9d 9c)

BB wins with three-of-a-kind, nines (9d 9c)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Mostly the only reason why I would Call on river is for the worthy note what I would get there. Since I don't expect that often to be ahead there anyways since if he even wanted to bluff at some point then why didn't he do it on early streets? And nope, I'd rather bet myself the river, might even sometimes bet the turn.

Best regards.