snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
      LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $8.95
      Hero (BTN): $10
      SB: $10.05
      BB: $11.65

Pre-Flop: Q :club: Q :diamond: dealt to Hero (BTN)
      UTG calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, SB raises to $1.50, BB calls $1.40, UTG folds, Hero raises to $10 and is All-In, SB calls $8.50, BB folds

Is it better to just reraise the "normal" to about $6-7? However, I felt like a push would get the most of his range of hands he would do something like that with, would be hard to get away from QQ on a low flop if he holds AA or KK (is that even possible considering the pot vs the stacksizes?) and the most from AK.
  • 10 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Depends how tight is villain I like call in positition. If you raise, then re-raise 4,5-5$. You have position and can re-evaluate on the flop. If he soves pre-flop then you have to call. Shoving here isn´t very good. AK would probably lay down his hand, also TT, JJ. KK and AA autocall that, so you win few but could loose a lot.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Sorry but, raising to $4.5-5? No way, if you didnt happen to notice, but there was a coldcall by BB, and I would much rather have a heads up pot than a 3-way.

If I just call and the flop is lowcards I have to try to figure out if one of them, or both, holds AA or KK which is going to be like hell if it comes a low flop, like 9-high or lower since they tend to think of overpairs as the nuts.

The thing is, as I see it, is that Im going to be pot commited either way, unless I call and the flop comes AKx. And by not reraising Im giving 1 more dude the opportunity to outdraw me if he doesnt already have me beat (AA or KK), but unless there comes an A or K on the flop Im probably getting pot commited right there anyway.

And no he wasnt that tight, and they tend to be looser in SH than in FR too so, and as I said, I didnt feel like giving the 3rd guy the opportunity to draw out on me that cheap.

And please dont take this the wrong way, Im not writing this reply as a "go screw yourself", just that I already considered the things you said. And ofc, if I wouldve expect him to only call me with AA or KK I wouldnt have done it :)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Didn´t notice BB coldcall. You´re right normal re-raise would be then 6-7$. Still I think that 6$ raise is better than push. You´re simply risking your whole stack for 3,5$ pot. On some moments I might even call SB re-raise, because don´t really want to play stacks with QQ.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes but as I said, I will most likely stack off on the flop anyway, unless theres an A or K. And in my experience, him calling with AK is quite likely too, if hes not a very tight player.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      That´s the difference between you and me. If I call I wouldn´t stack off with overpair. Agree that aggressive player raising is better than calling and he won´t call with KK or AA your 4-bet, but pushes. He may call with AK and if A or K isn´t on the flop you have to call his push. Just re-raising 6$ you are not giving him the right odds to call with JJ or TT or AK, which he would probably folded against your push.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      If you reraise, you should push as an A or K on the flop really sucks.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t argue with hand judge, but my reasons not to push has already written. If A or K is on the flop, I believe that I´m behind and can fold.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes but I said that too Kaitz, I wouldnt stack off on a flop with an A or K, but if it comes a low flop its impossible to know if hes got AA or KK, or perhaps just JJ or TT since they play their overpairs as the nuts.

Thorsten77: you said to push as I did if you decide to reraise, but what are your thoughts on calling as Kaitz20 advocated?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Shoving into a couple of loose players isn't too bad since you can be OK if called.

Shoving into a couple of tight/passive players might only get action from monster hands and force out hands which you dominate. Shoving also costs you the opportunity to extract value from your opponents post-flop. True, we still lose our stack when up against AA/KK on a low flop but calling PF gives us plenty of opportunities post-flop.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ofc its bad to do it against tight/passive players. And I was wondering what good reasons there would be to just call against 2 opponents like this, to me it just feels like a much bigger chance to be outflopped. Heads up I might very well call IP, but this was against 2 opponents.