This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 JJ vs 2, K high flop

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

MP: $11.55
      CO: $10.20
      Hero (BTN): $20.90
      SB: $12.85
      BB: $10
      UTG: $27.85

Pre-Flop: J :heart: J :diamond: dealt to Hero (BTN)
      UTG calls $0.10, MP folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.60, SB folds, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, CO folds

Flop: ($1.95) K :heart: 7 :club: 8 :diamond: (3 Players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ?

No brainer bet/fold here right?
  • 7 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      yep, I would bet here. You're the preflop aggressor and it's checked to you IP. check behind or fold turn if called I think.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Dont you mean check behind or fold to a bet? :) . But if you get one call and he checks to you on the turn when a blank comes, isnt it a bit weak to check behind and be done with the hand? Or could you go for a thin value bet on the river if its a good card and he checks to you again?
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Definitely bet since your hand is probably best here. Besides losing value, checking behind can also make the turn turn awkward to play correctly.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I probably wouldn't bet the turn again. I've seen top pairs just calling down, so I think bet flop, check or fold turn, call river. Assuming they're blanks of course.
      If your c-bet is called on the flop, you can probably put villain on T9, 65, or any 8 or K.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Yes, try to take the pot down, but don't get fancy if you are called or reraised.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      If I get a call, check behind turn or fold to a bet right? If it goes check check on the turn and the river is a presumably safe card, should you call or fold to a smaller bet? Or if he checks again on the river, is there any merit to making a thin valuebet?
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I fold to a turn bet and cb if he checks. If he then bets the river small, I might call a bet, but I'd never call a PS bet, nor I'd make a thin value bet as I don't see him calling with a 7 or 8 on the flop often.