[NL2-NL10] NL10 A4o BvB

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      This guy was looking like some ABC semi-reg and I decided here to not give him the credit for his steal-raise.

Is it fine to raise him right on the flop ? I don´t really want to see any other cards, since they are either completing draws or they are good for him to fire another barrels. That´s why I think that raising flop is better than floating in this case.

Should I make the raise slightly bigger ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $3.40
      MP2:
      $3.74
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $5.43
      BU:
      $23.92
      SB:
      $10.23
      BB (Hero):
      $10.87
      UTG1:
      $11.18
      UTG2:
      $2.95

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 4.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 5, 4, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $0.85, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.95.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

I guess I would likely do the raise a bit bigger like $1. But it's definitely doable.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

I guess I would likely do the raise a bit bigger like $1. But it's definitely doable.

Best regards.
      And do you agree with the rest of what I´ve written ? I often float in these spots, but in this case do you think raising is better ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      And do you agree with the rest of what I´ve written ? I often float in these spots, but in this case do you think raising is better ?
      Nah, raising looks a lot stronger there. Sometimes people tend to even fold overpairs there as you said he is a somewhat reg.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hello acceleration123,

Best regards.
      Nah, raising looks a lot stronger there. Sometimes people tend to even fold overpairs there as you said he is a somewhat reg.
      Ok, but I am gonna pester you some more :D .

In general how to decide wheter to take float or raise flop ? Let say when the flop is low and wet I think it´s better to raise the flop - just because it doesn´t fit much in any raising range. Right ?

On the other hand When the flop is dry with some high card or paired is it better to float (or fold when it´s very probable villain is on the top pair) ? Because if I am facing open raise from CO and I am on the BU with AJ, both blinds fold and he makes standard contibet on flop 3K7 rainbow he either has the king or not. (or Aces, for example) but he is not likely to continue on turn if he has like TT-JJ, Broadways or so ...

Is my thinking fine ? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      In general how to decide wheter to take float or raise flop ? Let say when the flop is low and wet I think it´s better to raise the flop - just because it doesn´t fit much in any raising range. Right ?

Yes, it's an idea but you very often have to keep in mind that you aren't just playing your hand and not only the board but as well you have to take into account against who you play. You can't always base on that he is unknown or whatsoever. It just can't be that you always face only unknown opponents as now you even said against you playing.

On the other hand When the flop is dry with some high card or paired is it better to float (or fold when it´s very probable villain is on the top pair) ?

Likely I would float and then if he checks on turn then take it down. And depends as well on villain, sometimes even raise it on flop.

Because if I am facing open raise from CO and I am on the BU with AJ, both blinds fold and he makes standard contibet on flop 3K7 rainbow he either has the king or not. (or Aces, for example) but he is not likely to continue on turn if he has like TT-JJ, Broadways or so ...

Yes, likely and he would more often inclined even to fold with it. If he is rather passive and tighter opponent.

Is my thinking fine ?

Yes, it is. Although you mostly just playing with your cards and just with the board but don't take into account the most important thing, the opponent you are playing against.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Thank you for your time here, I appreciate that :) .

Today I lernt a lot, so I think it´s definitely going to improve my game since I was able to catch on some good ideas thanks to you. :)

And tomorrow I am back with another tons of questions. lol

See ya
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Thank you for your time here, I appreciate that :) .

Today I lernt a lot, so I think it´s definitely going to improve my game since I was able to catch on some good ideas thanks to you. :)

And tomorrow I am back with another tons of questions. lol

See ya
      I will be waiting, the more you post, the more you learn. ;)