$1.10
      BB:
      $2.22
      UTG2:
      $2.08
      MP1:
      $2.44

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 2 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) K, 4, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, SB calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.66) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.24, Hero raises to $0.41, SB calls $0.17.

River: ($1.48) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.48.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and kings(A K).
      SB shows a pair of sevens(7 7).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and kings(A K).

I think I played this above hand more based on the villain than the articles

Could you please review and advise? Also, is it possible to post more than one hand per thread? My preview of threads shows the hand does not post?

Many thanks,
      AKM
  • 3 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey AKM247,

When you play based on villain and not the articles, you should explain why you did so. What are your reasons for deviating from articles?

Could you please review and advise? Also, is it possible to post more than one hand per thread? My preview of threads shows the hand does not post?

I'm sorry, but the rules are to post only one hand per thread, so the overview over the posted hands is good. Also the feedback would be less hand-specific when judge can't focus on one particular hand in the thread but has to check 2 or more at the same time.

As for your second question, I'm not sure what seems to be the problem, I see all 7 hands you posted in the forum...did you post more?

Regards,
      burek2000
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey,

Thanks for the feedback on all the hands. I played according to the Villian because I watch the table whilst waiting to post blinds and this player was playing very loose. If I see this, is deviating from articles still not advised? Or would it be better to play solid ABC Poker for longer before taking initiative?

With regards to the hands, they all posted fine I just did not realise it should be one hand per thread. :)

Thanks,
      AKM
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey AKM,

It's absolutely fine to play according to individual opponent and individual situation. Charts and articles are just a basic guideline for beginners so they don't make and big mistakes if they follow them, but they're also not optimal in many situations.

But what I want you to know is that whenever you make a move you have to know why you do it and just saying the villain is loose is not good enough. You should ask yourself, is he loose preflop, is he loose postflop, does he bluff a lot, does he go broke loose etc.

As for the hand, on the flop, I would raise the donkbet as well. On the turn it's much closer, against an unknown I would prefer a fold here. The turn card is so ugly I don't think you can continue profitably there. But, if you know he can have a hand like 77(if that's what you mean when you say loose) there then I like your shove, however, I don't think many players will show up with such a hand in this spot.

Regards,
      burek2000