This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Weak Two Pair from BB

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey,

Could you please review the hands below?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.62
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      UTG1:
      $2.30
      UTG2:
      $6.27
      MP1:
      $2.34
      MP2:
      $2.00
      MP3:
      $2.22
      CO:
      $1.70
      BU:
      $1.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, T.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, 3 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.1) 7, Q, Q (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.07, UTG2 folds, MP1 folds, BU folds, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.1.

Was this a good bet considering I have a weak two pair and someone could have the Q? Or should I have maybe checked this one?

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 1 reply
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey AKM247,

I see you play with a full stack in this hand. If you would like a BSS opinion it would be better to post on the BSS forum.

According to the articles, you should just c/f the hand, because in freeplays you should only play monsters and monster draws postflop. In this hand you only have a second pair with T kicker, because one pair is already on the board, so you can't count your hand as a real 2-pair. Actually your hand is pretty weak and you would find yourself in lots of trouble if someone called your flop bet and that's why I would just check/fold this in multiway pot.

Regards,
      burek2000