snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
      LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

BB: $9.20
      Hero (UTG): $27.95
      BTN: $12.85
      SB: $28.55

Pre-Flop: 8 :diamond: 7 :spade: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) A :heart: 2 :spade: 8 :heart: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.30) J :club: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.30) 9 :heart: (2 Players)
      SB bets $1, Hero ?

Should I have bet the turn after he checked to me for the second time? And if the river would have been a non-heart blank, could it be correct to call his $1 or make a thin valuebet if checked to?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      SB probably has A or flush draw. He wont fold his hand to second barrel. No point make second barrel here. I would fold to his bet on the river if none heart would come, because he mostly bets here for value and you can´t beat anything.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      If a non-heart river wouldve come I dont know, I forgot to mention but he had a high flop AF and a very high river AF.

So unless he was a attentative villain that have realised I cbet more or less every flop I think he wouldve led out on the flop with an A, if nothing else it could be a bluff on the river, assuming hes paid at least some attention to the table, since I easily couldve just made my cbet on the flop, and since it didnt hit me Im giving the hand up.

I know that line very well since I myself have used it against people who cbet all the time, either that or perhaps c/r the flop, needless to say, on a flop that probably didnt hit them.

So I mostly want an answer for the non-heart river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he had aggressive flop factor, why he didn´t then check/raise you with flushdraw. Even no heart I would fold, you can´t basically beat anything here.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      You won't improve often with this hand, so I play bet/fold turn and take the free showdown.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ok, thx :)