This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 87o

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
      LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

BB: $9.20
      Hero (UTG): $27.95
      BTN: $12.85
      SB: $28.55

Pre-Flop: 8 :diamond: 7 :spade: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero raises to $0.40, BTN folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds

Flop: ($0.90) A :heart: 2 :spade: 8 :heart: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.30) J :club: (2 Players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.30) 9 :heart: (2 Players)
      SB bets $1, Hero ?

Should I have bet the turn after he checked to me for the second time? And if the river would have been a non-heart blank, could it be correct to call his $1 or make a thin valuebet if checked to?
  • 5 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      SB probably has A or flush draw. He wont fold his hand to second barrel. No point make second barrel here. I would fold to his bet on the river if none heart would come, because he mostly bets here for value and you can´t beat anything.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      If a non-heart river wouldve come I dont know, I forgot to mention but he had a high flop AF and a very high river AF.

So unless he was a attentative villain that have realised I cbet more or less every flop I think he wouldve led out on the flop with an A, if nothing else it could be a bluff on the river, assuming hes paid at least some attention to the table, since I easily couldve just made my cbet on the flop, and since it didnt hit me Im giving the hand up.

I know that line very well since I myself have used it against people who cbet all the time, either that or perhaps c/r the flop, needless to say, on a flop that probably didnt hit them.

So I mostly want an answer for the non-heart river.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he had aggressive flop factor, why he didn´t then check/raise you with flushdraw. Even no heart I would fold, you can´t basically beat anything here.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      You won't improve often with this hand, so I play bet/fold turn and take the free showdown.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yes ok, thx :)