• 6 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by festoinc
      Hello everybody.
      My question is directed to pros.
      How do you train guys?

What do you do to make your game better?

How do you measure results of your training?
      I am no pro, but I guess they actually do what is recommended all over the place - analyze every decision you make, get coaching if needed, read and reread articles and watch videos. They just do it more often and more consistently than us whom are not on their level yet.

I don´t really thing they do SOMETHING that we "common guys" don´t know, they don´t use ilegal software or use drugs which allows them to grind 36 hours/day.

There´s no magic pill, you just need to climb your way up there, like in any sort of human work.

My opinion ;)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
    • festoinc
      festoinc
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer!
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      What i personally think is a good way to learn. Is to not only know what to do. But why your doing it. So think why you want to bet there vs that opponent or fold there etc etc. Why you shouldn't check/raise that player on that type of board.

So then you know what to do and why you should do it. And you learn better to adapt to players. And then it's easier to play correctly more often or in a spot you were unsure. Just analyze the hands you play basically.
    • GodlikeRoy
      GodlikeRoy
      Bronze
      I watch videos, go through my HEM database, post hands on forums and read other hands posted, discuss theory with friends and think about situations on my own. I've written an article on ways to improve that breaks down the most popular ways and stats what reasons they are good for that I'll be releasing on my blog sometime next week.
    • festoinc
      festoinc
      Bronze
      Thanks GodlikeRoy! Waiting for an article!