Jackpot SNG's at ipoker

• danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Hey!

I have been member here for a while but i have been working on my game, i have started to play at ipokers jackpot SNG's.

I got off with a good start over my first 100 or so games, i have since played a further 200-250 games at just breakeven, this is at the $5 limit, and just curious if this is normal as its kind of disheartening to play so many games breakeven.

So reassurance would make me feel a bit better I can at least be grateful its not a downswing, but i am curious to know what is normal for a breakeven/downswing streak can go on for, i understand its all dependant on the player and how the cards full.

I guess i need to just keep working on my game and hope my luck turns soon
  • 3 replies
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Also i would like to know if anyone knows why the EV line for these jackpot tables does not appear to work correctly for jackpot tables but works just fine for normal SNG tables?

I would also like to know peoples advice on whether the non jackpot tables would be more profitable as i have not tried them yet but i have a feeling there will be less fish on those tables due to gamblers/fishes chasing the jackpots.
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      In case you don't win the jackpot, the jackpot fees are like a huge increase in the rake. It would take a huge edge over your opponents to win money at the table despite that rake. I think it is possible that you will only win from rakeback and rare jackpot wins. If you have to rely on jackpot wins, that means to hit the long run you have to play long enough to hit a few jackpots. This is probably not safe for your bankroll unless you have multiples of the jackpot in your bankroll.

The EV line in HEM was designed for 9-player 50-30-20 tournaments, and it seems to work fine there, but it does not always work when you play other types of SNGs. So, ignore it if you are playing other types of tournaments and it seems to give strange results.
    • danjef
      danjef
      Bronze
      Oh i agree the extra rake is a killer, but i tend to think there are far less regulars than at the normal tables, people on the regular $5 tables tend to know how to play so i feel i have a bigger edge on the jackpots as they seem to attract more fish, but your right i guess i will never beat the 20% rake so it's catch 22.