This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH, 88 from SB

• MikeF
      MikeF
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.01/0.02 Hold'em Cash Games, 6 Players
      Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
      MoneyFunnel (UTG+1): $2.12
      v Malai v (CO): $2
      BA02 (Button): $5.51
      HERO (SB): $2.19
      HeyitsClay (BB): $2
      JPFB (UTG): $2.52

Dealt to HERO 8:spade: 8:club:

Pre-flop:
      (3 folds), BA02 raises to $.11, HERO calls $.10, HeyitsClay calls $.09

Flop: ($.33) 8:heart: 3:diamond: 4:heart: (3 Players)
      HERO bets $.30, HeyitsClay calls $.30, (1 folds)

Turn: ($.93) 9:heart: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $.32, HeyitsClay calls $.32

River: ($1.57) K:spade: (2 Players)
      HERO bets $.30, HeyitsClay raises to $1.27 and is all-in, (1 folds), HeyitsClay returns $.97

Results:
      HeyitsClay wins $2.03

i don't really like my bet sizing on the turn and the river, was kinda scared hard by the flush possibility.. would like some advice on what line to take here, check/call, check/call?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MikeF,

Turn: For the reason that the flush hit on turn I even sometimes like to play Check/Call there for the reason would be ugly if we get raised and it could very often be a flush and we wouldn't get that great odds anymore. But while we still can hit FH on river if we Check/Call and even likely get the implied odds. And if you want to bet then yes, do it bigger, such a small bet just indicates you are scared of the flush.

As played
      River: You could as well just Check/Call and take a look how he does react here. Although when you are betting then the block-bet/Fold somehow works but the question now is if he can as well shove here with 2pairs?

Best regards.