[NL20-NL50] SH NL25 44 raise cbet bet turn?

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($25)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG ($24.22)
      UTG+1 ($37.30)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($20.64)

Dealt to Hero 4:club: 4:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) 2:diamond: 9:club: K:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.14, Hero raises to $3.75, CO calls $2.61

TURN ($9.10) 2:diamond: 9:club: K:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero bets $5.60, CO folds

Hero shows 4:club: 4:diamond:

Hero wins $8.65

Villian TAG, 3700 hands:
      18/16/4.5
      Cbet flop 74%/Fold to cbet raise 63%/ Fold to turn bet 65%
      Agg% flop turn river: 45/32/21
  • 5 replies
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I would bet the turn bigger. And go all in on the river if no diamond comes and villain calls Turn - because any set will probably raise the turn and the hands that call the turn bet will most of the time fold to any further action (TPTK, missed FD).

Don't over do it. If you are ever caught with the bluff, see if he adapts and cut some of your bluffs in this situation for the next sessions with him. Tighten your bluffing range.

You can also check/fold Flop, but if you do it, then you should fold the pocketpair preflop because it won't be profitable longterm to play it just for set value (oop).

=)
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      You can also check/fold Flop, but if you do it, then you should fold the pocketpair preflop because it won't be profitable longterm to play it just for set value (oop).

=)
      Why not? I thought the call20 rule applied every position. Hmm, if I have to fold preflop oop how about 3bet?
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      You can also 3bet, but I'd prefer to do it with something else than a pocket pair.

When we hold a pp we'll hit our set ~ 1 in 9 times. To show a profit we either have to take 1/2 of villains stack every-time or to take his hole stack once every two times (if called20) And in this situation COvsBB, I don't think he will go broke very often when we hit + we are out of position so we will have to reveal our hand by check/raising or donking.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gabinr1
      You can also 3bet, but I'd prefer to do it with something else than a pocket pair.

When we hold a pp we'll hit our set ~ 1 in 9 times. To show a profit we either have to take 1/2 of villains stack every-time or to take his hole stack once every two times (if called20) And in hits situation COvsBB, I don't think he will go broke very often when we hit + we are out of position so we will have to reveal our hand by check/raising or donking.
      I understand that part but when you're IP, villian is not going to call weaker anyway. So if you bet few times hard oop or IP, villian will just fold out his hand...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

I am not really big fan of such a play. Very often when people tend to Call on flop then it indicates to that they are having somewhat a hand, which could easily be going to showdown. Would be good if we as well knew the stats of WTS/W$SD. And according to that I am acting that way.

And as well you can play them profitable preflop by Calling, depends a lot on the opponent, for example what's his stealing range?

And overall, I guess I might even just Check/Fold it on turn without knowing the opponents WTS and as well if he is capable of folding his TP there. And as well even if you took into account his fold to turn bet or either raise on flop, then it's rather small which indicates he is very likely to Call your bets/raises.

Best regards.