[NL20-NL50] [NL 50 sh] TT OOP vs maniac looking unknown

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG ($191.95)
      Button ($59.20)
      SB ($61)
      Hero (BB) ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10:diamond: , 10:heart:
      UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, Hero bets $3, UTG calls $2.50

Flop: ($6.25) 9:heart: , K:club: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

Turn: ($14.25) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.50, UTG calls $7.50

River: ($29.25) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $15.50, Hero folds

Total pot: $29.25 | Rake: $1.45

90/40 but only 12 hands so I only get from this the fact that he is playing some hands.

I was thinking about block betting the river 7 or such but not knowing the opp I thought that he might even raise bluff me so not a very good option.

I barreled F&R for value/protection but it doesnt look too good for me if I suddenly change my mind on the river and c/f but still not knowing that he is capable of bluffing a busted draw can I still profitably call his river bet? Mainly because he openlimped pre which makes his range full of connected suited crap.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

I am just betting the turn for free showdown, although I'd bet it bigger like $9 and likely rather Check/Fold it unless I know him better that he is as well capable of betting there with missed draws. Of course it could be that he is betting there with missed draws, although more often I think it's a value-bet but while you made it smaller on turn, it could easily induce him to pick a bluff-line since he saw weakness in your 1/2 bet on turn. Would you protect if you had Kx there with just 1/2?

Best regards.