Cleared starting capital. Now what?

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      So I got my 100 party points by playing 250 of the $1 SNGs. I finished with only a 2% ROI. So what should I do with my $55? The SNG rake is ridiculous and so is their turbo structure. Unfortunately for me I play during very low traffic times ( I'm in Canada ) so there are never any games going on except for the $1 SNGs. Should I switch to cash games or switch sites?
  • 5 replies
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      switch site imo
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Yeah I would move to Stars or Fulltilt. i play at Stars during the UK daytime often which is lower traffic period. There are still well over 100,000 people logged on though and the play seems a little softer during these hours.

Games will be tougher than you are used to on Party Poker but it will give you a lot of different options even with a small bankroll.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

I think this is a pretty important lesson for everybody who is deciding what site they want to play on. Although rakeback deals/bonuses are both very important ingrediants to a poker players win-rate, if there is no game then neither of the above can be optimised. Similarily choosing a site just because there are high stakes games that you rail doesn't mean it will necessarily be the site for you.

Back to the original question I think you should try HU sng's. There are alot of different reasons and I usually recommend this game format to most friends with a limited bankroll.

1) You can use slightly more aggresive bankroll management because of the low variance
      2) The players are generally not very good at micro HU sng's because you can use a more aggresive bankroll management approach they usually progress to 5/10$ sngs pretty quickly
      3) It enables you to enhance your overall poker game. You will improve your positional awareness, bet sizing and handreading along with numerous other things, which will help you when you decide to revert back to normal sngs when your bankroll is larger (maybe you will stick with HU sngs :)

Good luck and keep us updated on what you choose to play :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Thank you pleno1 for your input, much appreciated =)

Ingrid
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies everyone. I actually have accounts at Tilt and Stars with a reasonable bankroll. This starting capital was actually a second one offered to me a while back. If I return to Stars which SNGs should I start at with ~$100 bankroll? How about Full Tilt with ~$600. I also have the option of trying the iPoker network. I have a starting capital there that I accepted as well. I only played there a small amount when there were no games at Party. I still have 2 months to clear the $50. Which is the best option for a beginner SNG player (break even at $1.20s and $2.25s)

Thanks