any other mss players

    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Hello everyone
      I have recently switched from sss to mss and I'm really enjoying playing, although I do still make a few mistakes I seem to be just starting to make a profit in the micro stakes.

      I would love to hear from other mss players who are doing well or even losing and how its going. it would be good to get updates and maybe pass on knowledge to each other.


      Roo :P
  • 12 replies
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.09.2008 Posts: 258
      Roughly breaking even over a 100k sample size at NL5 rush...mostly because I go on the occassional massive tilt sessions :) ...still, turning a 1bb/100 profit with rakeback.

      At the minute I'm really only concerned with reaching gold status and getting into the more advanced articles, so it's quantity over quality for now.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Originally posted by pyure
      Roughly breaking even over a 100k sample size at NL5 rush...mostly because I go on the occassional massive tilt sessions :) ...still, turning a 1bb/100 profit with rakeback.

      At the minute I'm really only concerned with reaching gold status and getting into the more advanced articles, so it's quantity over quality for now.
      Yeah its a shame there are not more mss articles at silver and no vids till gold!!!! Its a great game for begginers like me to learn but most of the articles are up there in the gold section!!!
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Joined: 04.04.2009 Posts: 456
      I quickly ditched MSS after about 10k hands at nl5 - Didn't really run well and basically broke even... I had read all of the gold articles which are decent but really, I think the basic articles are plenty good enough for micro stakes. It's not for me though, my winrate is much higher at nl2 SH playing BSS - Also earn more VPP's.

      MSS appealed because I could mass multi table it without making mistakes but without much of a winrate it's pretty pointless.. Each to their own and everything but imho if you play less than 16 tables you may as well learn to play BSS.
    • ollehult
      ollehult
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.09.2010 Posts: 106
      hi guys

      Been 12 tabling Mss for a month now, and have a sample size of 50k. I been running at 9bb/100 at nl5 (37k hands) and 8bb/100 at nl10 (13k hands), rakeback and bonuses not included. Have lots of leaks I'm sure which ill try to plug before moving up the limits.

      I'm also longing for those gold articles.. still more than 400 strategy points short thou...

      More content and videos for beginners would also be appreciated :) .
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Originally posted by ollehult
      hi guys

      Been 12 tabling Mss for a month now, and have a sample size of 50k. I been running at 9bb/100 at nl5 (37k hands) and 8bb/100 at nl10 (13k hands), rakeback and bonuses not included. Have lots of leaks I'm sure which ill try to plug before moving up the limits.

      I'm also longing for those gold articles.. still more than 400 strategy points short thou...

      More content and videos for beginners would also be appreciated :) .
      These sound like great results to me ollehult, I would like to play at these levels over the next few months too. Are you sticking strictly to the articles or do you make any deviation?
    • ollehult
      ollehult
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.09.2010 Posts: 106
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Originally posted by ollehult
      hi guys

      Been 12 tabling Mss for a month now, and have a sample size of 50k. I been running at 9bb/100 at nl5 (37k hands) and 8bb/100 at nl10 (13k hands), rakeback and bonuses not included. Have lots of leaks I'm sure which ill try to plug before moving up the limits.

      I'm also longing for those gold articles.. still more than 400 strategy points short thou...

      More content and videos for beginners would also be appreciated :) .
      These sound like great results to me ollehult, I would like to play at these levels over the next few months too. Are you sticking strictly to the articles or do you make any deviation?

      I'm sticking to the preflop charts fairly strictly, might been restealing slightly more aggressive than suggested.

      Never really had a look on the postflop chart they suggest, I basically always cbet heads up and sometimes when there are two players. Overpair or TPTK is often good enough on the turn to push, usually the pot is big enough pushing, but of course it depends on the board.

      Last week I have tried to deviate somewhat, like raising more hands and limping pockets when there are lots of other limpers in the pot and I find it unlikely that someone will raise. Not sure if it’s a good idea or not but should be profitable imo. However, deviating from the charts just makes it more difficult to play, so I would stick with the articles. Especially if you don't have much postflop experience (like myself)

      My recommendation is to just start up loads of tables and start playing. I’m sure you get a hang of it quickly ;)

      Good luck on the tables!
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      [/quote]
      I'm sticking to the preflop charts fairly strictly, might been restealing slightly more aggressive than suggested.

      Never really had a look on the postflop chart they suggest, I basically always cbet heads up and sometimes when there are two players. Overpair or TPTK is often good enough on the turn to push, usually the pot is big enough pushing, but of course it depends on the board.

      Last week I have tried to deviate somewhat, like raising more hands and limping pockets when there are lots of other limpers in the pot and I find it unlikely that someone will raise. Not sure if it’s a good idea or not but should be profitable imo. However, deviating from the charts just makes it more difficult to play, so I would stick with the articles. Especially if you don't have much postflop experience (like myself)

      My recommendation is to just start up loads of tables and start playing. I’m sure you get a hang of it quickly ;)

      Good luck on the tables![/quote]
      Great advice thanks!! :P
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Just started playing at higher limits I have $500 bankroll so going to play 10/25 games first attempt lol :P


      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $12.65
      Hero:
      $9.8
      BU:
      $11.52

      0.1/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

      Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, BU calls $1.50, SB raises to $4.75, BB folds, Hero raises to $9.80 (All-In), BU folds, SB calls $5.05.

      Flop: ($21.35) T:heart: , 6:spade: , 3:heart:
      Turn: ($21.35) T:club:
      River: ($21.35) J:spade: (2 players)


      Final Pot: $21.35

      villian had AA :evil:

      Damn these bad beats!!! lol

      Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Kh Kd)
      SB shows two-pair, aces and tens (Ah As)

      SB wins with two-pair, aces and tens (Ah As)
    • fruitcake1
      fruitcake1
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.10.2010 Posts: 61
      bad beat would be if u had won the hand against the A's, you got "coolered".
      by no means a bad beat.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Originally posted by fruitcake1
      bad beat would be if u had won the hand against the A's, you got "coolered".
      by no means a bad beat.
      True True !! I'm going to drop a ccouple of levels as I'm not good enough for this level and build up into it !!! :P
    • Tommino
      Tommino
      Bronze
      Joined: 20.01.2007 Posts: 169
      Hi,
      I'm really interested in one stat of fellow MSS players (mostly one's who base their play on golden articles, but ofc everyone is welcome to share) :) It's "avg preflop all-in EV %", found for example in "Expected value - by stakes" report.
      Mine is 48.2% (35k sample).

      btw roopopper, about the KK hand, did you have some special reasons for such a big open raise? afaik standard is 2.5-4BB?

      edit:
      also, is there some skype group for MSS players? If so I missed it, so I would appreciate an invite - tommino333 on skype. If there is no skype group, we should do something about that :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Joined: 31.12.2010 Posts: 4,289
      Originally posted by Tommino
      Hi,
      I'm really interested in one stat of fellow MSS players (mostly one's who base their play on golden articles, but ofc everyone is welcome to share) :) It's "avg preflop all-in EV %", found for example in "Expected value - by stakes" report.
      Mine is 48.2% (35k sample).

      btw roopopper, about the KK hand, did you have some special reasons for such a big open raise? afaik standard is 2.5-4BB?

      edit:
      also, is there some skype group for MSS players? If so I missed it, so I would appreciate an invite - tommino333 on skype. If there is no skype group, we should do something about that :)
      No special reason think I just clicked up to that amount and thought near enough :( Would have prob still called all-in at the end :(

      onwards and upwards!!! :P