just aCouple of questions

• Frankyx911
      Frankyx911
      Bronze
      Ok so here goes :

1-
      Whats the trick to having a calling station (45%+ VPIP and an AF of anything under 1) sitting 1st on your left ? cuz even if I only play when i'm ahead seems he wont let go post flop whit any piece of it! :f_confused: lets say ive got AK and make TPTK on a dry A82 board theres no possible protection bet against those players? they will call whit A4 or ... Q8... ect...
      Cracking me like an egg by the river for ridiculous prices...

2-
      Would you leave a table if you couldnt turn a profit after 100 hands ?
      This is just a simple rule I've put my self ... I dont even know if it makes sense cuz there are tables where I did turn some profit and lost it on a hand before 100 and still quit the table...

3-
      Does some one going all in for 50-60BB in 8BB pot after you raise 6BB feels strong to you? I've always got that feeling that is hand is semi good but not THAT good..... and end up calling whit not so good hands... I'd say 3/4 time I'm ahead but ...
      My toughts are : If he really had ... "a monster" he wouldnt bet that much ... as he wants to be called to get max value ... but I could be wrong

Here an example from this morning:
      Villain is Vpip 49% PFR 10% AF Inf. on 50 hands 0% fold to Cbet

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $5.07
      BU:
      $5.59
      SB:
      $5.12
      BB:
      $4.44
      UTG2:
      $9.08
      MP1 (Hero):
      $5.00
      MP2:
      $2.29
      MP3:
      $13.79

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, Q.
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.17, MP2 calls $0.17, 5 folds, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.41) 2, K, 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, MP2 raises to $2.12(All-In), Hero calls $1.87.

Turn: ($4.65) A (2 players)

River: ($4.65) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.65.
      Results follow: "spoiler"

Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens(K Q).
      MP2 shows a full-house, sevens full of aces(A 7).

MP2 wins with a full-house, sevens full of aces(A 7).
  • 2 replies
    • FaulV16ke
      FaulV16ke
      Bronze
      1. You should be happy that they call you if your bets are be big enough to make their calls not profitable. It doesn't really matter that they hit their runner runner straight on the river from time to time - your bet is EV+ for you - that's what really matters.

2. If you think the table is week there's no point in leaving. Sometimes you don't get anything playable for 20-40 hands, then miss the flop with your AK, then lost with aces allin preflop, then 50 hands anything playable and so on... it doesn't matter... if you think there are bad players on the table, you can beat them easily in the long run, and you're playing your A game you should stay...

3. Depends completely on your opponent and his betting habits...they are players who do this with a draw or air, there are players who do this with a monster... can't really say what is more common...
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      1: If he doesn't fold then just value bet to death... If you have AK and make tptk and you think he's calling with 2nd pair or whatever then bet, bet, bet. He will suck out on you of course but your money is going in good and you'll show a huge profit doing this. The time to run from this kind of player is when they play back at you - They usually have a monster. Also, if you don't hit, don't bluff.

2: No. I would only leave the table if I didn't think I had an edge on the other players. I colour code players red if I don't think I can get much out of them or if I think they're better than me - In SH I don't want more than 1 of these players at my table and FR I don't want more than 2. To be fair, at the micro's I've never left a table for this reason lol even the regs are shite.

3: No but sometimes they have AA or whatever. Most of the time it's Axs or some complete random trash and any PP is good against them but anyway it's probably not a good idea calling too loose... Maybe TT+, ATs+, AJ+. Reads are important here of course - If you've seen villain do this with J2o then you can call pretty wide profitably. Just noticed your example for this is a post flop one... What I've said here is obviously regarding action preflop but on the flop shipping TPGK is ok.