[NL2-NL10] K10o

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      In the first instance I am not sure this is strong enough to raise but I didnt want to limp or throw hand. K10o is not mentioned on MSS starting hands, is this to say we never play K10o?

At the re-raise I think it's definately best to fold, but I was wondering more about the post flop raise?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $4.57
      UTG2:
      $1.98
      MP1:
      $3.95
      MP2:
      $2.03
      MP3 (Hero):
      $0.80
      CO:
      $1.35
      BU:
      $5.35
      SB:
      $3.80
      BB:
      $6.38

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K, T.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.19) J, K, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.13, CO raises to $0.30, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.32.

Thanks,
      AKM
  • 2 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      another proof that it is crap to be OOP :)

palying KTo from MP3 is ok depending of the table. on flop I would have played the same because even though, you could be against JT, JQ, AJ, AhQh and all this sort of hands (kind of weak 3 bet) or even a bluff. I would not risk anymore with TPNK.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey AKM,

KTo isn't on the chart and as a general rule it's usually best to fold it preflop. It might look nice, but it's quite a bad hand to play, specially OOP as it faces lots of domination problems. You can raise KTo in MP3 if you try to steal the blinds when all the players behind you are very tight and are unlikely to call you or if at least CO and BU are tight and you will play postflop against the blinds in position. But as said before, most of the time it's best avoiding trouble and just fold it.

As played, nice hand. It's not a strong hand, so bet/folding and avoiding trouble is the best play here.

Regards,
      burek2000