New player saying Hello

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Hello from Brazil! I'm an university-aged new player that got here due to "peer pressure". :f_grin:

Lots of my friends have already been playing for some time... and they'd talk about their success stories and go like "so why don't you try it too, there's that cool pokerstrategy page that'll get you started" and such, and I'd always keep delaying it... until now.
      My profile page says that I registered on 1/17/11... but you can see what a procrastinator I am by the fact that I only actually got to read the articles "seriously" and complete the quiz a few days ago. :f_zZz:

I didn't receive the starting capital yet due to some mistakes on my part related to the phone check. :f_zZz:
      However I hope it'll get sorted out soon...

I know that there's a Portuguese-speaking community here, but I got used to preferring content in English whenever possible for a variety of reasons...
      Still, I'll introduce myself there too sometime (as soon as I stop procrastinating).
  • 4 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Bem-Vindo Tomaloc, =)

Welcome to our community!

Pleased to hear about your story and also great to hear that your friends are enjoying their stay here at PokerStrategy.com too.

I can see that you now provided the correct phone number and will be contacted again by one of our representatives. Nothing to worry about.

Let me know how you progress on your game, we are always thrilled to read how our members are getting along with their strategy play.

Ingrid
    • Augusto
      Augusto
      Bronze
      Olá Tomaloc,

The Portuguese/Brazilian communitiy would love to hear from you. Come introduce yourself here.

Boa sorte nas mesas! :f_biggrin:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Thanks for the welcome! I actually got called day 21 and everything went smoothly afterwards, although I struggled with the "not optimal" line quality :f_mad:

I'm very excited to keep on playing and improving! It feels great to see "good play" paying off.
      Although I consider myself much of a procrastinator, when I actually do get involved with something, I go "all-in"... and I feel that I'm in for a long ride. :f_grin:

Augusto... depois eu faço isso :f_p:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Tomaloc,

Great to hear back from you =)

We're looking forward to see you more on the forum, don't hesitate to post your thoughts, questions. We are always happy to follow our newest members and help them get going. I mean if they need a little "push" :f_biggrin:

You can take part in the Full Tilt poker board discussions and get to know the members who might just be playing at the same table as you are.

Have you managed to introduce yourself on the Portuguese/Brazilian communitiy?

Good luck
      Ingrid