This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

ROI too low to move up? stars $16 -> $27

• deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm playing the $16 for a while. since I returned to poker after a big break, I have played 3618 games on the $16 level, with HEM EV ROI of 5.3% (real ROI is 2.5% :( )

Is this too low to move up? What kind of ROI can I expect on the $27? obviously lower, but how much lower? If its much lower than 5% the swings will kill me. sigh I'm already in the process of working on my game because I'm quite disappointed from my 5.3% ROI on the $16 even though I believe its a pretty tough limit because its warming with regs
  • 2 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      That the $16s are infested with regs is actually a sign that the $16s are a good place, with many really bad casual players who support the horde of regs.

The $27s have a higher rake, and it seems far fewer casual players choose to play at that level. Many $16 regs try to move up to the $27s, get burned, and return to the $16s.

An ROI of 2.5% at the $16s shouldn't tell you to move up. The 5.3% luck-adjusted is more encouraging, but it's still not that great. Even if you can beat the $27s, it doesn't make sense to move up if you will win less $/tournament than at the $16s.

Most regs in the $16s have a lot of room for improvement in their games. I suggest sticking to the $16s as you try to get better at exploiting the other players.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      Yeah you are right, I feel so too. As I said I am in the process of working on my game though I feel like its very hard for me to progress from this point. :f_frown: I wish I could see videos of players beating the $16 for high ROI etc. the videos at pokerstrategy dont focus as much on action vs regulars too