ROI too low to move up? stars $16 -> $27

• deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I'm playing the $16 for a while. since I returned to poker after a big break, I have played 3618 games on the $16 level, with HEM EV ROI of 5.3% (real ROI is 2.5% :( )

Is this too low to move up? What kind of ROI can I expect on the $27? obviously lower, but how much lower? If its much lower than 5% the swings will kill me. sigh I'm already in the process of working on my game because I'm quite disappointed from my 5.3% ROI on the $16 even though I believe its a pretty tough limit because its warming with regs
  • 2 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      That the $16s are infested with regs is actually a sign that the $16s are a good place, with many really bad casual players who support the horde of regs.

The $27s have a higher rake, and it seems far fewer casual players choose to play at that level. Many $16 regs try to move up to the $27s, get burned, and return to the $16s.

An ROI of 2.5% at the $16s shouldn't tell you to move up. The 5.3% luck-adjusted is more encouraging, but it's still not that great. Even if you can beat the $27s, it doesn't make sense to move up if you will win less $/tournament than at the $16s.

Most regs in the $16s have a lot of room for improvement in their games. I suggest sticking to the $16s as you try to get better at exploiting the other players.
    • deVall3y
      deVall3y
      Bronze
      Yeah you are right, I feel so too. As I said I am in the process of working on my game though I feel like its very hard for me to progress from this point. :f_frown: I wish I could see videos of players beating the $16 for high ROI etc. the videos at pokerstrategy dont focus as much on action vs regulars too