[NL2-NL10] KJo: need help with postflop play

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I really need help to improve my postflop play.

In the following hand the HEM replayer shows villain's standard stats as 24/46/4/0/0.0/3.5/100/100/22. Those were not available to me during the hand.

I realize I made an error in basic big-stack NL strategy by calling with KJo from MP3 (which the HEM hand converter mistakenly identifies as MP2). I'm comfortable with having made a mistake and need no comment.

The flop was fairly dry and gave me a marginal flush draw. Villain had position on me. When he bet, I put him on either top pair, overcards or a bluff. I called the small bet because I had overcards.

On the turn the bet seemed too big to call once my flush draw was gone and I had only 6 outs to top pair. I folded.

Should I have called on the flop at all?

Should I have folded or reraised on the turn?

Should I have at least seen the river card and then folded if I was SOL?

Most importantly, should I have perhaps raised out of position on the flop?

All comments much appreciated.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.75)
      BB ($3.27)
      UTG ($2.47)
      UTG+1 ($1.94)
      UTG+2 ($2.04)
      MP1 ($2)
      Hero ($2.08)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($2)

CO posts $0.02

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.02, CO checks, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks

FLOP ($0.10) 2:spade: 5:club: 9:spade:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.07, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls $0.07, CO folds

TURN ($0.24) 2:spade: 5:club: 9:spade: 7:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.17, Hero folds

BTN wins $0.23
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello belayd,

First of all about the stats, I can't imagine myself what is what. :D So could you as well tell me your layout.

About the hand:
      Preflop: Limping is just horrible with those hands, if you want to play those hands at all then raise it up. Although I'd rather just fold it from MP.

As played
      Postflop: Pretty easy Check/Fold on flop, I don't really see why we should Call there.

Best regards.
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      I was following the Basic Big Stack Starting Hands Chart. Should I not follow it?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by belayd
      I was following the Basic Big Stack Starting Hands Chart. Should I not follow it?
      I don't think that it says limp first in. :P Rather says raise it up from LP.