interesting email string with Party Poker support

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Dear Belayd,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

Please note that PokerStrategy is not usable in the chat due to management decision and I am not able to provide you with exact reason. In general you are not able to enter any words related to other poker sites or affiliates. I apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Boyan,

Customer Service

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Are you able to tell me why “PokerStrategy” is a forbidden word in table chat? I don’t want to make trouble, just curious, since PokerStrategy does offer signup bonuses for Party.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2011 6:45 PM
      To: Belayd
      Subject: Response from PartyPoker.com (KMM16747076I15977L0KM)

Dear Belayd,

Thank you for contacting Customer Service.

Please note that PokerStrategy is a forbidden word and you will not be able to enter it in our chat window. I am sorry if this is causing inconvenience, but non of the players are able to use the word. I am sure that you will be able to find a way to comment the site using another chat software or your email.

In case you have further questions, we will be more than happy to assist you. We are available 24/7 by e-mail and phone.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Best regards,

Boyan,

Customer Service

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

I tried telling another player at the table about PokerStrategy.com (a poker training site) and my chat got eaten by the software. Why? PokerStrategy is even affiliated with PartyPoker, so I don’t understand why I can’t discuss it with other players.
  • 2 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi belayd,

Although it looks strange at first I think it is quite rational from their perspective.
      If you chat with someone on PartyPoker he already plays there
      so he can only gain use of an affiliate by moving to another poker site which is of course not in the interest of PartyPoker.
      Pokerstrategy.com is of course more than just a random affiliate but also a big community and poker school.
      Still PartyPoker has to protect itself from poaching.

Cheers,

Pascal
    • belayd
      belayd
      Global
      Thanks, Pascal. :) I guess I understand, although I still think it's silly. Players aren't going to quit Party just because they get a signup bonus for somewhere else. Likely they'll play both sites.

Incidentally, the Party software not only blocks words such as "tilt" (related to the phenomenon of tilt, not the poker site). Plus, for some reason, they block "bite" and "minute." So you can't say "you have a full minute of disconnect protection" to someone.